Gahanna police recently responded to reports of items stolen from residences, including chairs and a ladder.
Two chairs were reported stolen from the front porch of a Hensel Woods Road residence, according to a report received at 11:52 a.m. Aug. 10. The items were stolen a few days earlier, report said.
A ladder was reported stolen from a residence on North Stygler Road, according to a theft report received at 6:44 p.m. Aug. 9.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A purse was stolen from a vehicle in the parking lot of a business in the 4000 block of Morse Road, according to a report received at 8:54 a.m. Aug. 13.
* Landscape equipment was reported stolen in the 300 block of Lytton Way, according to a report received at 8:13 p.m. Aug. 12. The items were stolen from a trailer in a driveway in the preceding 24 hours, reports said.
* Loud crashing noises were coming from the playground area at Royal Manor Elementary School, 299 Empire Road, according to a report received at 1:44 a.m. Aug. 12. Residents who live next to the school were on the swings. They were walking home when police arrived, reports said.
* A resident in the 200 block of West Johnstown Road reported she could smell marijuana coming from a neighboring apartment, according to a report received at 4:28 p.m. Aug. 11. She said this had been going on for several days, reports said.
* A dog was reported locked in a vehicle in a parking lot on South Hamilton Road, according to a complaint received at 4:19 p.m. Aug. 10. Police found three dogs in the car with a window cracked, but they weren't in distress. The owner was advised of the complaint. He said he knew with the cloudy skies and the windows being cracked, the dogs would be fine.
* Change was reported stolen from a vehicle on Venetian Way, according to a report received at 6:34 p.m. Aug. 9.
* A business in the 1300 block of Cherry Bottom Road reported a woman in her 50s, wearing a tank top and shorts, who was holding a sign that said, "Looking for a young, sexy husband," according to a report received at 3:45 p.m. Aug. 9.
* A Timbers Drive resident reported what sounded like a saw, according to a complaint received at 3:09 a.m. Aug. 9. The noise had been heard the past few nights. It was construction going on at Interstate 670, reports said.
* A man was notified he is not welcome in the area of a business in the 130 block of North Hamilton Road. The business owner said the man was yelling at customers, asking if they had any "weed," according to a report received at 4:50 p.m. Aug. 8.
* A GPS was reported stolen from a vehicle on Arbors Circle, according to a report received at 3:09 a.m. Aug. 8.