The property at what is now 1407-1421 Grandview Ave was purchased in 1923 by Arch Yost.
Yost built an automotive repair shop called the Boulevard Service Station (later renamed Boulevard Service and Sales).
Yost was active in the Grandview community and donated to the high school sports programs, and was a yearly advertiser in the high school yearbook. His tow truck (inset) was a popular vehicle around the town and was the centerpiece of all of his advertising.
In 1988, Phoenix Land Co. bought the building and adjacent auto storage lot to build the Grandview Center (the sign at the right of this photo advertises the coming of the center).
One of the first tenants in the new Grandview Center was Nickleby's Bookstore and Cafe, which received national recognition as an independent bookstore that combined the idea of selling food in the store.
It went out of business in 1995.
Aladdin's Eatery and Local Cantina now occupy the Nickleby's space.
The building to the left of Yost's garage now houses the Tri-Village Post Office.