A lawn-care company's $600 mower was stolen at 1:44 p.m. Aug. 21 from the back of a van parked at the intersection of Webster Park Avenue and North High Street.
"The door to the truck was open; there was no force," the responding officer noted. "Witness stated she saw the theft take place and followed the suspect in her car, but the suspects were driving too fast and dangerously for her to continue."
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* A man said he was assaulted in the first block of East Beechwold Drive at 10 p.m. Aug. 18 by a man upset the victim's dog was on his property. The victim said the suspect "threatened to shoot his dog if it happened again," according to the responding officer.
* A man from LaRue said his wallet, credit card, Social Security card, driver's license, $40 in cash and a $500 ring were stolen from his vehicle between midnight and 6 a.m. Aug. 21 while it was parked in the 200 block of East Beaumont Road.
* A homeless man was issued a trespass warning at 5:10 p.m. Aug. 20 and told to stop panhandling customers at a business in the 2800 block of North High Street.
* A man said his ex-girlfriend kicked open the door of his home in the first block of West Tulane Road at 3 a.m. Aug. 19. The man said the woman was angry at him regarding his new girlfriend. At first, he said, she just pounded on the door, but then she kicked it in and "stood just inside the door while yelling at him."
* In a report filed at 5:05 p.m. Aug. 18, a woman accused her boss of having turned a verbal argument into a physical one in the 5000 block of North High Street early the previous evening. The victim said the incident occurred at 7 p.m. Aug. 17 and that the suspect "grabbed her with both arms and pushed her through a swinging door and onto the floor." She said she went home after that. The victim declined medical attention, the report said.
* A $300 brass chandelier and fishing poles valued at $200 were reported stolen at 3:14 p.m. Aug. 17 from a vehicle parked in the 100 block of Morse Road.
* Someone entered an unlocked garage in the 400 block of Garden Road between 4 and 9 a.m. Aug. 17 and removed $91 worth of items from the unlocked car inside, according to a report filed at 12:52 p.m. that day. The burglar took $6 worth of change, a $50 blanket and a tire pump valued at $35.
* A customer who tried to leave a restaurant in the 2800 block of North High Street without paying at 1:20 p.m. Aug. 17 briefly was prevented from doing so by an employee. The suspect punched him in the chest a couple of times, the employee told the responding officer.
The employee said he was not injured and declined medical attention. The suspect, who was issued a trespass notice, had consumed $24 worth of alcohol, $6 in pickle chips and a $12 portobello mushroom pizza, according to reports.