A 28-year-old Columbus man was arrested after a traffic stop, during which police found stolen clothing and shoes.
An officer stopped the man's vehicle at 7:59 a.m. Aug. 17 at New Albany-Condit Road and Kardules Fields Drive on a confirmed warrant, according to New Albany Police Department reports.
The warrant originated in Fairfield County for trespassing, said Sgt. Curtis Baker.
Police found marijuana in the vehicle and about 70 pieces of clothing with price tags still on, four pairs of new shoes in their boxes and four bags and backpacks with price tags.
The items were valued at more than $1,600 and had just been stolen from a store in the 8000 block of East Broad Street in Reynoldsburg, according to reports.
New Albany detectives obtained a warrant for felony receiving stolen property and arrested the driver, Baker said.
The man also was charged with possession of controlled substances.
In other New Albany police incident reports:
* A 29-year-old Columbus man was arrested for a Delaware County warrant during a traffic stop at 11:05 p.m. Aug. 19 at Johnstown Road and Oxford Loop North.
Narcotics and paraphernalia were found in the vehicle, and he was charged with drug paraphernalia, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use.
* A 28-year-old Columbus man was arrested for OVI and a 38-year-old Columbus woman was issued a summons for possession of drug-abuse instruments after a traffic stop at 12:48 a.m. Aug. 18 at Johnstown and Morse roads.
* Theft was reported at 8:48 p.m. Aug. 17 on the 7700 block of Lambton Park Road. A purse was stolen from a car parked in an open garage, Baker said. Credit cards in the purse were used fraudulently at a retail store shortly after the theft occurred. The purse was found and returned to the owner.
* A 30-year-old Johnstown man was arrested after a traffic stop at 5:29 p.m. Aug. 17 at North Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road and Market Street.
He was charged with driving on a temporary permit with no driver's license, a marked-lane violation, following too closely, possession of marijuana and alprazolam and possession of marijuana-drug paraphernalia and drug paraphernalia.
* A resident of the 7800 block of Peter Hoover Road at 9:44 a.m. Aug. 17 told police his vehicle was stolen.
* A Frazeyburg man was cited for open container, drug paraphernalia, drug-paraphernalia equipment, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 7:17 p.m. Aug. 16 at Johnstown Road and state Route 161.
* A 54-year-old Buckeye Lake man was cited for open container after a traffic stop at 3:16 p.m. Aug. 14 at East Dublin-Granville and Kitzmiller roads.
* Police were dispatched at 6:20 p.m. Aug. 14 to Bevelhymer Park, 7997 Peter Hoover Road, on the report of a theft from two motor vehicles. Loose change, a laptop computer and a tablet computer were stolen from the first vehicle, Baker said. A wallet and a key fob with keys were stolen from the second vehicle.
* A Columbus construction company at 2:34 p.m. Aug. 14 reported the theft of a pickup truck at New Albany-Condit and Schleppi roads.
* A resident of Antmon Round at 2:03 p.m. Aug. 13 reported identity theft.