Investigators believe five new reported thefts are related to other recent reports, according to Sgt. Curtis Baker of the New Albany Police Department.
As of Aug. 31, officers still were searching for the suspected thieves, he said.
Baker said police have obtained arrest warrants for Bradley A. Green, 29, of Columbus for thefts from the Lambton Park neighborhood. The warrants are for felony counts of receiving stolen property and and felony identity fraud, he said.
Officers also are working to identify a woman and another man believed to be involved.
Police have not been able to locate the three people, Baker said.
Over the past two weeks, several break-ins have occurred in local parks, the New Albany Country Club, the Links neighborhood and near Lambton Park, according to an Aug. 24 news release from the city.
The five most recent theft incidents include:
* A laptop computer and coat valued at $250 reported stolen from a vehicle at 12:52 p.m. Aug. 24 in the 7100 block of New Albany Links Drive.
* A total of $250 in cash and a debit card reported stolen from a vehicle at 9:22 p.m. Aug. 23 in the 7100 block of New Albany Links Drive.
* A laptop computer and bag reported stolen from a vehicle at 9:22 p.m. Aug. 23 in the 7000 block of Dean Farm Road.
* A license plate reported stolen from a vehicle at 5:53 p.m. Aug. 23 in the 7500 block of West Campus Road.
* A wallet with a credit card reported stolen from a vehicle at 8:09 p.m. Aug. 21 in the first block of Club Lane.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A wallet containing a credit card was reported stolen from a vehicle at 9:22 p.m. Aug. 23 in the 7000 block of Dean Farm Road.
* A 31-year-old Springfield woman was charged with OVI at 2:46 a.m. Aug. 26 at state Route 161 and Johnstown Road.
* A 23-year-old Columbus man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use at 2:20 a.m. Aug. 24 at Beech Road and state Route 161.
* A total of $40 in cash and credit cards was reported stolen at 5:23 a.m. Aug. 22 from a building in the 8800 block of Smith's Mill Road.
* A 64-year-old Columbus woman was charged with OVI at 11:06 p.m. Aug. 21 at Central College and Johnstown roads.
* A 37-year-old Powell man was charged with OVI when a police officer was dispatched to the site of an accident at 5:07 p.m. Aug. 20 at East Main and Second streets.