Dublin police have charged a Columbus man with burglary and inducing panic after an incident Sept. 3 at an assisted-care facility.
According to a press release from Dublin, police say Robert A. Hackler, 29, broke into the Sanctuary at Tuttle Crossing, 4880 Tuttle Road, around 11:45 p.m. Monday and claimed to have an explosive device.
More than 30 residents were evacuated to a nearby location, according to the release.
After searching the facility with bomb-detecting dogs, police found no evidence of an explosive device.
Residents were permitted to return to the assisted-care facility about 2 a.m.
Police detained Hackler at the scene and took him to the Franklin County Jail, said Dublin public affairs officer Lindsay Weisenauer.
The Washington Township Fire Department, Columbus Division of Police, Hilliard Division of Police, the Ohio State University Police Division, Upper Arlington Police Division and the Ohio State Highway Patrol assisted the Dublin police department, according to the release.
In other recent dublin police incident reports:
* A 21-year-old Marysville man was arrested for theft after he was seen trying to sell sports equipment he had reportedly stolen from a vehicle.
* A Dublin resident at 9:27 a.m. Aug. 17 told police someone had stolen $2,590 in golf equipment from her vehicle in a parking lot in the 6100 block of Craughwell Lane, according to police reports.
Police called two nearby sports stores to see if the golf clubs had been sold there and asked employees to contact police if someone tried to sell the equipment.
At 2:21 p.m. Police received a call from an employee at a business in the 7400 block of Sawmill Road who said a man was trying to sell the clubs.
Police came to the store and detained the Marysville man, who said he had sold other golf clubs at a sports store in Westerville. Reports said officers confirmed the suspect's statement.
The man admitted to taking the equipment, but denied breaking into the resident's vehicle.
Police submitted a summary of the incident to the Franklin County Prosecutor's Office to be reviewed for presentation to the Franklin County Grand Jury for possible indictment, said Weisenauer.
* A stolen vehicle was found Aug. 21 in a parking lot of a business in the 5500 block of Tuttle Crossing Boulevard.
* A license plate was reported stolen from a vehicle Aug. 20 in the 5500 block of Tuttle Crossing Boulevard.
* A vehicle was damaged after an attempted theft was reported Aug. 20 in the 4400 block of Hard Road.
* Police were dispatched Aug. 17 to a business in the 6700 block of Perimeter Loop Road regarding a skimming device located on an ATM.
* A total of $4,320 of construction material was reported stolen at 3:20 p.m. Aug. 22 from a construction site in the 6500 block of Shier-Rings Road.
* A 36-year-old man was charged with marijuana drug abuse Aug. 22 at Post Road and Perimeter Drive.
* Sunglasses and a bank checkbook were reported stolen at 1:27 p.m. Aug. 21 from a vehicle in the 4200 block of John Shields Parkway.
* An employee of a business in the 200 block of West Bridge Street at 10:34 a.m. Aug. 21 told police a man purchased $13,000 in jewelry, including a watch and bracelet, from the store with a fraudulent credit card. Police confirmed the man also used a fraudulent driver's license.
* A 73-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Aug. 21 in the 4300 block of Woodland Drive.
* A 24-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Aug. 21 in the 6500 block of Dublin Center Drive.
* A 43-year-old man was charged with drug possession Aug. 21 in the 200 block of West Bridge Street.
* A 26-year-old man was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia Aug. 21 in the 6700 block of Village Parkway.
* Property worth $500 was reported stolen at 8:20 a.m. Aug. 20 from a vehicle in the 300 block of St. Andrews Drive.
* A 55-year-old man who had gone to the Dublin Police Department, 6565 Commerce Parkway, was charged with domestic violence-simple assault Aug. 20.
* A 34-year-old man was charged with drug abuse of a schedule I or II substance Aug. 19 at Interstate 270 South and Rings Road.
* An 18-year-old man was charged with marijuana drug abuse Aug. 17 at Interstate 270 and U.S. Route 33 East.
* A 23-year-old man was charged with possessing drug abuse instruments Aug. 17 in the 5300 block of Tara Hill Drive.