A 31-year-old woman told police her roommate assaulted her at their apartment in the 2200 block of Parkville Court at 1:30 a.m. Sept. 6.

The victim said she and the roommate, whom she allowed to move in several months ago, were arguing about his presence in the apartment when "he slapped her across the face and then pushed her down to the floor and placed his right elbow into her neck (and) jaw to hold her down while he yelled at her," according to the responding officer. "Once he let her up, she called 911 and he left the apartment."

The police report said the woman "had a discernable mark, redness, to her left neck and jaw area, but refused any medical treatment."

In other Northland-area police reports:

* A 72-year-old man said a woman struck him across the throat at 10:15 a.m. Sept. 5 in the 5800 block of North Meadows Boulevard. He said his assailant came out of an apartment yelling about where his vehicle was parked and shouting at him to move it.

According to police, a witness who pulled the woman away from the man also was struck by the woman, who then ran back to her own apartment.

* A juvenile contacted police at 8:16 a.m. Sept. 5 to report he had been threatened Aug. 22. He said he was in the 700 block of East Lincoln Avenue at 11:27 p.m. that day and confronted an individual who was trying to enter a vehicle in a used-car lot.

* A Spokane, Washington, man said he was assaulted at 9 p.m. Sept. 4 in the 4600 block of Tamarack Boulevard. The 39-year-old man said a suspect "punched him on the left side of his head with a closed fist, dragged him down the stairs and threw his phone after an argument, according to the responding officer. The police report said the man refused a medic and had no visible injuries. The value of the phone was set at $700.

* Officers investigated assault complaints involving six victims, men and a woman in their late teens and early 20s, at an apartment in the 1800 block of Fiesta Court at 11 a.m. Sept. 3. The victims said they were assaulted with knives, metal poles and pieces of wood by multiple unknown suspects.

Several of them had minor cuts and bruises on their bodies, according to the report.