Gahanna police recently responded to citizens' complaints about motorists speeding in neighborhoods.
A Woodbay Drive resident reported someone in a Ford Taurus was speeding through the area and it has been an ongoing issue, according to a complaint received at 5:26 p.m. Sept. 7. Police advised the resident to call back if the motorist returns. The driver is described as a woman with children in the back seat of her vehicle, traveling from the area of Stygler Road, according to reports.
Police patrolled Flint Ridge Drive at 8:36 a.m. Sept. 6, after a citizen complaint about a female driver in a red vehicle who allegedly was traveling 50 miles per hour southbound on Flint Ridge, then was seen heading northbound at 8:30 a.m. Police reported they checked Flint Ridge for more than 15 minutes and no one matched the description. The fastest speed measured by police was 29 miles per hour, reports stated.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* Tools and equipment were stolen from a Cross Pointe Road residence, according to a report received at 8:12 a.m. Sept. 10.
* The garage door of a Caroway Boulevard residence was damaged at 11:30 p.m. the previous night, according to a report received at 6:38 p.m. Sept. 9. No entry was made, reports said.
* A backpack with school supplies and a laptop were stolen after an unidentified person broke out the back window of a vehicle on Prince of Wales Drive, according to a report received at 1:45 a.m. Sept. 9.
* Illicit imagery was spray painted on a sign at Academy Park, 1201 Cherry Bottom Road, according to a report received at 4:28 a.m. Sept. 8.
* A Greencroft Road resident told police weddings rings had been stolen, according to a report received at 8:31 p.m. Sept. 7.
* A Black Gold Place resident reported entrails from a small animal were left in his front yard, according to a complaint received at 3:13 p.m. Sept. 7. There was no sign of how the animal was killed or what the exact type of animal was, reports said.
* Coffee creamer and food were stolen from a business in the 100 block of West Johnstown Road, according to a report received at 9:43 a.m. Sept. 7.
* A fight took place at Goshen Lane Elementary, 370 Goshen Lane, according to a report received at 3:53 p.m. Sept. 6. Two females were grabbing each other's hair and were on the ground, reports stated. They were gone when police arrived but a video is being reviewed.
* A package was stolen from a Tobey Drive residence, according to a report received at 3:34 p.m. Sept. 6. The package is valued at $200, reports said.
* A homeless man was sitting on a patio with an open container at a business in the first block of North Hamilton Road, according to a report received at 2:54 p.m. Sept. 6. He was asking high school students if they wanted to buy weed, reports stated.
* A key fob with a house key was stolen from the center console of a vehicle in the 200 block of Jennie Drive, according to a report received at 9:22 p.m. Sept. 5.
* A caller advised that two people tried to sell drugs to four juveniles near a business in the 100 block of Granville Street, according to a report received at 5:36 p.m. Sept. 5. Police later were advised the reporting party said the suspects asked the kids "if they had any dope," then offered them pills, reports said. No pills were seen by the reporting party, according to reports.