Police said a woman took a chance on a ride home in the wee hours of the morning, but ended up stranded and minus her wallet.
The Reynoldsburg woman called 911 when she was stranded at 3:40 a.m. Aug. 25 in the 5500 block of East Livingston Avenue. Columbus police transferred her call to Reynoldsburg police, who arrived and talked to the woman. She said she thought an unknown man was going to take her home.
Instead, the man took her wallet and "attempted to chase her down," the woman said in the police report.
In other Reynoldsburg police reports:
* A 24-year-old Reynoldsburg man was arrested at 11:20 a.m. Aug. 26 at a business in the 13000 block of Reynoldsburg-Baltimore Road. A manager told police the man was an employee who had stolen $250.
* Police were called at 12:16 p.m. Sept. 5 to a business in the 2600 block of Taylor Road Southwest to deal with two juvenile shoplifters. A 17-year-old Whitehall boy was charged with receiving stolen property and a 13-year-old Whitehall boy was charged with theft.
* Officers checked out a "suspicious car" report at 1:31 a.m. Sept. 5 and found a woman in her car parked in the 2700 block of Taylor Road Southwest. The 44-year-old Logan woman was arrested for possession of drugs.
* Police checked out another "suspicious car" at 4:20 p.m. Sept. 7 at a business in the 2400 block of Brice Road. Officers arrested a 39-year-old Newark man for an outstanding warrant and possession of drugs.
* A 58-year-old Pataskala woman was charged with theft without consent after she allegedly stole items at 11:07 a.m. Sept. 7 from a business in the 2700 block of Taylor Road Southwest.