In July, we dared to try the "Hot Fusian Takeover" sushi roll that combined the taste of Hot Chicken Takeover with Fusian.
In this week's podcast episode, we talked to the co-founder of Fusian about why he wanted to have the convenience of a fast-food restaurant combined with delicious sushi, and what initially drew him to Columbus' food culture.
Welcome to "The Great Food Debate," where we discuss the best food, drinks and specialties found in central Ohio.
This episode's panelists are:
• Stephan Harman, co-founder of Fusian, a sushi restaurant with locations in Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton and Toledo (fusian.com)
• Nikki Seeley, founder of restaurant blog "Sweetly Cbus"
• Bethia Woolf, co-founder of Columbus Food Adventure
• Neil Thompson, ThisWeek editor of content and special sections
Where can the best sushi be found in central Ohio?
• Stephan's pick: Akai Hana (1173 Old Henderson Road, Columbus) and Mr. Sushi (locations in Dublin and Gahanna)
• Nikki's pick: Restaurant Tora (1330 N. Hamilton Road, Columbus)
• Bethia's pick: Japan Marketplace (1167 Old Henderson Road, Columbus) and Kihachi (2667 Federated Blvd., Columbus)
• Neil's pick: Akai Hana and Sushi.com (7178 Muirfield Drive, Dublin)
Other sushi restaurants mentioned in this episode:
• True World Foods (3004 East 14th Ave., Columbus)
• Sushi Ten (1159 Old Henderson Road, Columbus)
• Tensuke Market (1155 Old Henderson Road, Columbus)
• Giant Eagle Market District (three locations in Columbus)
• Kroger Marketplace (199 Graceland Blvd., Columbus)
• M at Miranova (2 Miranova Place, Suite 100, Columbus)
• Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse (89 E. Nationwide Blvd., Columbus)
• The 1126 Restaurant (1126 N. High St., Columbus)
• Oshio (974 W. Fifth Ave., Columbus)
• Yellow Tail Japanese Seafood Buffet (4054 Medina Road, Akron)
New episodes are released every Friday. Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and now Spotify.
Do you have any suggestions for future episodes? Email us at email@example.com or tweet us at @ThisWeekNews.
After you subscribe, the latest episodes will be downloaded automatically to your phone or tablet so you can listen during your commute while working out or making dinner.
This podcast was produced by Scott Hummel, ThisWeek assistant managing editor, digital, and hosted by Abby Armbruster, ThisWeek social-media strategist.