A 2016 pickup truck worth $20,000 and containing a handgun was reported stolen to the Hilliard Division of Police between 7:30 p.m. Sept. 16 and 2:15 a.m. Sept. 17 from the 4500 block of Dirham Lane.
The keys were left inside the unlocked vehicle in the owner's driveway, according to police.
Franklin County Sheriff's Office deputies discovered the truck with a man driving it and inquired whether it might be stolen based on the vehicle's registration to a residence in Hilliard. The location where the deputies stopped the vehicle was not included in the Hilliard report and was not obtained via an initial inquiry to the sheriff's office.
Hilliard officers contacted the owner, who discovered the vehicle was missing.
The owner claimed the truck at the scene and the man driving it was arrested, according to Hilliard police.
In other recent Hilliard police incident reports:
* A burglary was reported between 1 and 8 a.m. Sept. 7 at a residence on the 5200 block of Drivemere Road. Cash and prescription medicine were reported stolen. Property loss was reported at $750.
* A quilt was reported stolen between Aug. 31 and Sept. 8 from a vehicle parked on the 5400 block of Interlachen Drive. Property loss was reported at $800.
* A tailgate worth $1,600 was reported stolen between 5 a.m. Sept. 7 and 7 a.m. Sept. 10 from a vehicle parked on the 7100 block of Hayden Run Road.
* A generator worth $800 was reported stolen between 5 p.m. Sept. 7 and 8 a.m. Sept. 10 from the 4100 block of Weaver Court South.
* A .45-caliber handgun worth $600 was reported stolen between 9 p.m. Sept. 10 and 8 a.m. Sept. 11 from a vehicle parked on the 4200 block of Goldenseal Way.
* A horizontal boring machine, a plate compactor and a backpack blower were reported stolen at 7:30 a.m. Sept. 17 from the 4600 block of Northwest Parkway. Property loss was reported at $6,469.
* A bicycle worth $100 was reported stolen between 6:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Sept. 10 from the 3400 block of Vintage Woods Drive.
* $50 was reported stolen at 7 p.m. Sept. 13 from a building in the 4300 block of Trueman Boulevard.
* Electronic equipment worth $255 was reported stolen between midnight Sept. 11 and 6 a.m. Sept. 12 from a vehicle parked on the 4800 block of Trailpath Drive.
* A cellphone worth $300 was reported stolen between 5 and 7:15 p.m. Sept. 16 from the 3800 block of Veterans Memorial Drive.
* Credit cards and debit cards were reported stolen between 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sept. 13 from the 4500 block of Cosgray Road.
* Batteries and other equipment for use on a backhoe were reported stolen between 3 p.m. Sept. 14 and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 17 from the 4500 block of Hickory Chase Way. Property loss was reported at $670.
* A 34-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 8:15 p.m. Sept. 8 at Main Street and Cemetery Road.
* A 19-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and an 18-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse at 1 a.m. Sept. 12 in the 4600 block of Cosgray Road.
* A 39-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug-abuse instruments at 6:15 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 3500 block of Heywood Drive.
* Two 18-year-old men were arrested, each for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, at 6 p.m. Sept. 16 in the 5600 block of Scioto Darby Road.
* A 59-year-old man was arrested for burglary, a felony, at 1:25 a.m. Sept. 17 in the 3300 block of Cemetery Road. The man entered the residence trough a back door, without permission, and told the occupants he used to live at the residence and wanted to look at it, police said.