A man on Kipling Road reported he lost $7,299 after being contacted by someone who claimed to have installed a security feature on his computer.
He told Upper Arlington police an unknown person told him a firewall had been installed on his computer system and a monetary error had occurred related to the transaction for the service.
The man said he was instructed to resolve the issue by purchasing Google Play cards in the amount of $7,000 and to relay the card numbers to the suspect.
The report didn't indicate how the additional $299 in costs were incurred, but police have no suspects.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* Employees at a business in the 4000 block of Horizons Drive reported the theft of two generators valued together at $6,000 between 8:38 and 9 p.m. Sept. 20. The equipment was stolen after someone forced entry into a storage area, police reports said.
* A Columbus man reported the theft of a cellphone valued at $450 from the locker room at the Scioto Country Club, 2196 Riverside Drive, between 2:47 and 3:05 p.m. Sept. 20.
* Employees of a Gahanna paving company reported a concrete saw valued at $1,200 and a blower valued at $200 were stolen from an unattended truck parked near the intersection of Woodbridge and Lane roads between 1:30 and 2 p.m. Sept. 20.
* A Columbus event rental company reported the theft of a grill and propane tank valued together at $2,450 from a church group that was holding an outing at Thompson Park, 4250 Woodbridge Road, between Sept. 15 and 17.
* A lawn mower valued at $250, a weed eater valued at $130 and an extension ladder valued at $100 were stolen from a garage in the 2300 block of Coventry Road between 7 p.m. Sept. 13 and 10:30 a.m. Sept. 14.
* A 25-year-old Westerville man was charged with furnishing false information, failure to provide a driver's license, reckless operation, failure to yield on a left turn and driving left of center following a traffic stop near the intersection of Kenny Road and West North Broadway at 8:10 a.m. Sept. 14.
* A juvenile girl reported that on two occasions between 5 p.m. Sept. 10 and 4:30 p.m. Sept. 13, a man in a vehicle exposed himself near the intersection of Coventry and Northam roads.
* A chain saw valued at $650 and carrying case valued at $75 were stolen from the bed of a truck parked in the 3600 block of Avignon Place between 8:15 and 11:30 a.m. Sept. 13.