A 26-year-old Columbus man was arrested for assault and two counts of aggravated menacing, all misdemeanors, after he allegedly threatened employees at 12:15 a.m. Sept. 25 at Pizza Hut, 4440 E. Main St.
Whitehall police officers were called to the restaurant, where two employees told police the man, after being ordered to leave for being verbally abusive, threatened to kill both employees.
Reports said the suspect also blocked a closing door with his foot and reached through the narrow opening to punch one of the employees in the face.
Whitehall medics treated the employee who was assaulted.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police arrested a 22-year-old woman for domestic violence and felonious assault at 11:35 p.m. Sept. 21 at a residence in the first block of Beechcreek Road.
Officers had been dispatched to the residence on a report of a stabbing.
A man there told police his wife instigated a dispute, then cut his arm and pinky finger with a kitchen knife.
The woman told police her husband choked her and struck her with a knife.
The woman had no physical marks to corroborate her account, according to reports.
Police said a hammer was found in the woman's vehicle, and photographs taken of the woman showed no indicators consistent with being struck with a blunt object or choked.
The man had blood on his clothing and body, police said, as well as a knife with blood on it.
Three children were in the residence at the time of the incident, reports said.
Police also recovered clothing inside the residence that was determined to be stolen, according to reports.
* A 28-year-old man was arrested for receiving stolen property, possession of drugs and tampering with evidence at 12:30 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 600 block of Elaine Road.
* Burglaries were reported at 6:15 p.m. Sept. 19 in the 900 block of Beechwood Road; at 9 p.m. Sept. 21 in the first block of Parklawn Boulevard; at 11:30 p.m. Sept. 21 in the 400 block of South Hamilton Road; at 6:40 p.m. Sept. 22 in the 100 block of Little Flower Lane; at 2:45 p.m. Sept. 24 in the 4400 block of East Broad Street; at 9 p.m. Sept. 24 in the 100 block of Beechbank Road; and at 9:20 p.m. Sept. 25 in the 4100 block of Beechrun Road.
* Thefts were reported at 1:45 p.m. Sept. 19 in the 400 block of South Hamilton Road; at 12:05 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 5300 block of East Main Street; at 10:55 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 800 block of South Hamilton Road; at 8:45 a.m. Sept. 22 in the 900 block of Harbinger Circle West; at 10:45 a.m. Sept. 23 in the 600 block of South Yearling Road; and at 1:15 p.m. Sept. 24 in the 500 block of Virginia Circle West.
* Property destruction was reported at 3:20 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 300 block of Shell Court West; at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 500 block of South Yearling Road; at 8:45 a.m. Sept. 25 in the 700 block of Westphal Avenue.