Two pairs of sunglasses -- one worth $150 and another $40 -- and $8 in cash were reported stolen between midnight and 6 a.m. Sept. 26 from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of East Stewart Avenue, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
In other recent incident reports from the area:
* A man said he was assaulted at 4:45 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 500 block of East Livingston Avenue.
According to police reports the incident stemmed from the sale of a $200 cellphone but the report did not indicate what led to the assault. No one was arrested according to the report.
* At 12:30 a.m. Sept. 28, someone broke into a vehicle and stole $40 worth of cash in the 600 block of South Front Street.
The incident was recorded on a video camera but the images were poor and police weren't able to get a clear description according to the report.
The suspect also caused an estimated $300 damage to the vehicle.
* A man told police he was assaulted at 4 a.m. Sept. 30 at a residence at Frankfort and Bank streets.
The victim said he was attending a party when he became engaged in a verbal argument and was asked to leave.
As he was escorted outside by another guest, one of the people at the party came outside and punched him in the face, causing a laceration.
A Columbus Division of Fire paramedic unit was called to the scene and treated the victim's injury. The victim declined to be transported to the hospital, according to reports.
* A 54-year-old Columbus man was charged with having an open container of alcohol at 5:10 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 500 block of South High Street.
* A $300 car stereo was reported stolen at 9 a.m. Sept. 29 from a vehicle in the 400 block of East Moler Street.
The thief also caused an estimated $300 in damage to the vehicle.
* A $100 kayak, $30 paddle, $50 tent and $50 life preserver vest were reported stolen at 5 a.m. Oct. 1 from the first block of West Gates Street.
The items were on top of a vehicle.