A 46-year-old man was arrested Sept. 29 by Hilliard Division of Police officers after he allegedly entered his ex-wife's residence, pointed a gun at her head and then fled with her cellphone.
Santana Isaac Burkett of West Rich Street in Columbus entered the Hilliard residence at 7:15 a.m. Sept. 29 without permission and through an unlocked door, said Lt. Ron Clark.
He pointed a gun at the woman's head, demanded her cellphone and then fled, Clark said.
"We spent the day tracking him down" and obtained a warrant, he said.
Burkett was arrested later the same day in the 700 block of West Rich Street in Columbus. His address is the same as the arrest location, according to public records.
He was charged with "aggravated burglary – armed with deadly weapon/dangerous ordnance," a first-degree felony, and was arraigned Oct. 1, according to Franklin County Municipal Court records.
The charge was dismissed Oct. 9 during a preliminary hearing in municipal court for direct indictment in the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, according to court records.
Burkett was scheduled for arraignment Oct. 10 in common-pleas court on charges of aggravated burglary, a first-degree felony; kidnapping, a first-degree felony; and violation of a protection order, a first-degree misdemeanor, according to court records.
In other recent Hilliard police incident reports:
* A burglary was reported between 3 p.m. Sept. 28 and 4 p.m. Sept. 30 at a residence in the 6200 block of Ridgefield Drive.
A safe, a rifle, a handgun and money were reported stolen. Property loss was reported at $11,389.
Entry was made through a sliding glass door and the entire safe, containing $10,000 in cash, was stolen, police said.
* Clothes, tennis shoes, a gym bag and designer sunglasses, worth a total of $400, were reported stolen between 6 p.m. Sept. 28 and 9:55 a.m. Sept. 29 from a vehicle in the 4800 block of Rays Circle.
* A purse containing a driver's license, a debit card and money was reported stolen between 6 p.m. Oct. 1 and 7:10 a.m. Oct. 2 from the 3600 block of Scarberry Drive. Property loss was reported at $65.
* A 26-year-old woman was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:15 p.m. Sept. 28 in the 4200 block of Cemetery Road.
* A 34-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 4:55 p.m. Sept. 30 at Cemetery Road and Lyman Drive.
* A 33-year-old woman was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 4:15 p.m. Oct. 2 in the 3900 block of Park Mill Run Drive.
* A 23-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug-abuse instruments at 5:15 p.m. Oct. 2 at Cemetery Road and Interstate 270 North.
* A 76-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 6:15 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 4400 block of Cemetery Road. The man also was in possession of marijuana, according to police.