A robbery was reported to Whitehall police at 1:35 p.m. Sept. 26 at Huntington National Bank, 4550 E. Broad St.
An unknown man entered the bank, pulled up a purple or blue bandanna and a black hood, then brandished a semiautomatic pistol from his waistband, reports said.
Three employees and one customer were in the bank during the robbery, police said.
The gunman reportedly jumped over the counter, pointed the gun at the employees and produced a white plastic grocery bag, which he demanded the employees fill with $50 and $100 bills.
The man threatened to shoot the employees if they did not comply, reports said.
During the incident, the man complained the employees were not moving fast enough and struck one employee in the mouth with the pistol, police said, and another in the back of the head.
The man then ran out of the bank and was seen by a witness, who called police after she saw a dye pack explode under the man's clothing, reports said.
Cameras at an adjacent business recorded the man fleeing in a silver or light green Ford Fusion with no front license plate.
Several witnesses called police to report "red smoke" in the parking lot of the adjacent business.
Police recovered the money with red dye on it. Later the same day, another witness reported finding additional money stained with dye.
Whitehall medics treated two employees at the bank for minor injuries, police said, and alerted area hospitals to watch for any man seeking treatment for a burn from the exploding dye pack.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police charged a 17-year-old girl with robbery, a second-degree felony, after she allegedly assaulted an employee at 1:55 p.m. Sept. 29 at a business in the 3700 block of East Broad Street.
A person not involved in the incident told an officer who was taking an unrelated accident report that a fight was underway at the business.
Officers responded and discovered the dispute began when the juvenile, who was attempting to seek a refund for a nonrefundable item, stole another item and struck an employee, according to police reports.
* Burglaries were reported at 7:55 a.m. Sept. 26 in the 800 block of Erickson Avenue; at 4:15 a.m. Sept. 29 in the 1000 block of Westphal Avenue; at 11:10 a.m. Sept. 30 in the 4300 block of East Broad Street; at 10:30 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 200 block of Parklawn Circle; and at 3:45 p.m. Oct. 2 in the 4200 block of Doney Street.
* Thefts were reported at 9:45 a.m. Sept. 28 in the 400 block of Shell Court East; at 9 p.m. Sept. 28 in the 300 block of South Hamilton Road; at 10:55 a.m. Sept. 29 in the first block of Robinwood Avenue; at 11:55 a.m. Sept. 30 in the 4600 block of East Main Street; at 12:45 p.m. Sept. 30 in the 4200 block of Etna Street; at 1:15 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 5100 block of Longbranch Lane; and at 3:55 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 500 block of South Yearling Road.
* Assaults were reported at 1:50 p.m. Sept. 29 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 3:25 a.m. Sept. 30 in the 4100 block of Doney Street; and at 7:35 p.m. Sept. 30 at Mayflower Boulevard and Powell Avenue.
* Property destruction was reported at 8:25 a.m. Sept. 29 in the 4600 block of Saint Francis Lane; at 1:05 p.m. Sept. 29 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 11:15 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 5300 block of East Main Street; and at 2:35 p.m. Oct. 2 in the 4700 block of East Broad Street.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 11:45 a.m. Sept. 27 in the 600 block of Pierce Avenue; at 12:50 a.m. Sept. 29 in the 4000 block of Beechcreek Road; and at 10:15 p.m. Sept. 30 at East Main Street and Fountain Lane.