Timothy J. Price (inset) was born in Wales in 1810 and immigrated to the U.S. in 1829.
He owned the limestone quarry just north of Marble Cliff, which provided most of the limestone used for High Street and other major Columbus roads.
A block of his limestone is in the Washington Monument.
Price figured most prominently in Tri-Village history by participating in the platting of Arlington Place in 1889.
It was the first development in the area and comprised the northern border of present-day Marble Cliff.
This 1889 photo shows the offices of Stitt, Price & Co., dealers in lime, stone, plaster, cement and plastering hair at the intersection of Gay and Scioto streets.
Thomas Stitt started the firm in 1852, and stone from Price's Marble Cliff quarry was processed at the downtown site.
Pictured near the entrance is Price; on the right is Charles Horace Hall, married to Price's daughter, Annie.