A thief allegedly entered a garage at a Hilliard residence earlier this month to steal sunglasses and a tablet computer from a vehicle, according to recent Hilliard Division of Police reports.
The reported burglary was between 5:30 and 6:45 a.m. Oct. 8 on the 4700 block of Trademark Trail, the report said. Property loss was reported at $500.
The garage door and vehicle doors were open when the residents awoke, said police spokeswoman Andrea Litchfield.
The residents were unsure how the garage door was opened and told officers it was closed the previous evening, she said.
In other recent Hilliard police incident reports:
* A resident of the 3900 block of Kul Circle North told police $9,000 was stolen between 9 a.m. Oct. 2 and 5 p.m. Oct. 5.
The money was stolen electronically through what appears to have been a scam, Litchfield said.
* A resident of the 3900 block of Lacon Road told police $1,600 was stolen between midnight Oct. 4 and 8:30 p.m. Oct. 6. The theft was reported as missing cash, Litchfield said.
* A purse containing a driver's license, a debit card, checks, money, keys and cosmetics was reported between 1:50 and 2:10 p.m. Oct. 4 from a vehicle parked on the 6300 block of Scioto Darby Road. Property loss was reported at $348.
* A cellphone, a wallet, a debit card, an identification card and money were reported stolen between 2 and 9:30 a.m. Oct. 7 from the 5500 block of Shadow Glen Court.
* An antique milk jug and money were reported stolen between 11:15 a.m. and 10 p.m. Oct. 8 from the 4500 block of Fern Trail Drive. Property loss was reported at $400.
* Jewelry worth $400 was reported stolen between 5 p.m. Oct. 8 and 11:30 a.m. Oct. 9 from the 3500 block of Heritage Club Drive.
* A 38-year-old woman was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 4:30 p.m. Oct. 4 at Cemetery Road and Lyman Drive.
* A 32-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug-abuse instruments and a 29-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse at 4:30 p.m. Oct. 4 at Cemetery Road and Trueman Boulevard.
* A 38-year-old man was arrested for felony possession of drugs at 6:50 p.m. Oct. 5 at Cemetery Road and Interstate 270 South.
* A 27-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse at 10:20 p.m. Oct. 5 on the 3800 block of Lyman Drive.
* An 18-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possessing of a controlled substance and drug abuse at 4:15 p.m. Oct. 8 on the 3900 block of Kul Circle North.
* A 41-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance at 4:40 p.m. Oct. 9 at Cemetery Road and Interstate 270 North.