A preteen girl told her teachers at Conger Elementary School, 10 Channing St., that a man tried to abduct her Oct. 15, according to Delaware police reports.
The girl said a man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt grabbed the top strap of her backpack in an apparent abduction attempt as she waited to cross the street to the school that morning.
The girl told police she fled across the street. There were no other witnesses to the incident, which is under investigation, reports said.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Two people were taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for drug overdoses in separate incidents at 4:07 a.m. Oct. 16 in the 1400 block of Forest Brooke Way and at 3:04 a.m. Oct. 12 in the 700 block of Liberty Road, reports said.
* Police received a report of the theft of a can of beer valued at $2.19 in the 100 block of West William Street at 3:29 a.m. Oct. 13. The suspect, spotted driving a vehicle near the site of the theft, led police on a short pursuit to the 200 block of North Union Street before stopping, reports said.
The suspect was charged with failure to comply, theft, speeding and operating a vehicle under the influence, according to reports.
* A resident of the 1400 block of Devon Road reportedly was scammed out of $1,900 after receiving a letter asking her to cash a check, buy gift cards and return them to the sender, keeping some money for herself. The scam was reported at 9:48 a.m. Oct. 12.
* A man was issued a summons after drug paraphernalia was found during a traffic stop at 12:09 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 100 block of East William Street.
* An undisclosed amount of cash was taken from a safe in a theft reported at 11:08 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 900 block of U.S. Route 23 North.
* A motorist was cited for possession of marijuana during a traffic stop at 11:25 a.m. Oct. 11 at Troy Road and Pennsylvania Avenue.
* A man was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after police were called to the 500 block of South Street about 2:49 a.m. Oct. 10.
* As many as three credit-card accounts were compromised and a new account created using the name of a resident of the 200 block of Saddlebrook Court in an identity theft reported about 5:21 p.m. Oct. 10. No monetary loss was listed in the report.
* The theft of a television valued at $1,000 was reported at 1:19 p.m. Oct. 9 in the first block of Rowland Avenue.
* About $2,100 in fraudulent charges were placed on a victim's debit card in a theft reported at 6:39 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 300 block of East Central Avenue.
* A driver was cited for expired registration and underage possession of alcohol on Euclid Avenue at Griswold Street at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 15, reports said.