Pickerington and Violet Township voters will determine the fates of several local and countywide issues Tuesday, Nov. 6, including a levy for the Pickerington Public Library and two liquor options.
Fairfield County Board of Elections polling places will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
In addition to state issues and candidates, Pickerington and Violet Township voters will be asked to decide several local and county issues and county races.
* Issue 4, Pickerington Public Library -- The library is seeking the passage of a permanent, 1.25-mill operations levy.
Issue 4 proposes to renew a 10-year, 0.75-mill levy local voters originally passed in November 2009, plus add an additional 0.5 mill.
If passed, the continuing levy would become permanent.
* Issue 5, Fairfield County District Library -- The Fairfield County District Library is seeking to renew a 0.5-mill levy. If passed, the levy would be renewed for five years.
* Issue 6, Fairfield County ADAMH -- The Alcohol, Drug Addition and Mental Health Board is seeking a 10-year, 1-mill levy to be used for the acquisition, construction, renovation, financing, maintenance and operation of mental-health, alcohol and drug-addiction facilities.
* Issue 7, Fairfield County Meals on Wheels -- Fairfield County Meals on Wheels is seeking the renewal of a 0.5-mill levy and passage of an additional 0.3 mill -- for a total of 0.8 mills -- to support services for adult residents ages 60 and older.
Those services include, but aren't limited to: home-delivered meals, congregate site meals and activities, nutrition education and counseling, caregiver relief and support services, home repair and chores assistance, transportation and other aging services. If passed, the levy would be collected for five years.
* Local Option 15 for Aldi, 1400 Hill Road North -- Aldi is seeking the ability to sell wine and mixed beverages on Sundays between 10 a.m. and midnight.
* Local Option 16 for Donerick's Pub, 8529-33 Refugee Road in Violet Township -- Donerick's is seeking the ability to sell wine, mixed beverages and spirituous liquor on Sundays between 10 a.m. and midnight.
In the only contested race for a Fairfield County office, Jeffrey Fix of 950 Paisley Ct. in Pickerington is running against Leah Hackleman-Good of 3137 Meister Road S.W. in Lancaster for a seat on the board of county commissioners.