White Cross Hospital, shown here in 1936, was a landmark in Columbus' Short North neighborhood for decades.
It was just east of Goodale Park, at 700 N. Park St. (On this site today are the Victorian Gate condos and apartments, which were constructed in 1994.)
Previously known as Protestant Hospital, it ran out of room at its original location, which had been at Third and Dennison avenues and had about 30 beds.
When it moved here in 1898, its bed capacity more than tripled.
It moved again in 1961 to a new building on Olentangy River Road and again the name was changed -- to Riverside Methodist Hospital.
The OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital currently has 1,059 registered beds.