Thieves took advantage of a dinner break for employees to pilfer 14 boxes of DirecTV equipment from a commercial vehicle between 5 and 5:30 p.m. Nov. 21 on the 4100 block of Britton Parkway.
The employees told Hilliard Division of Police officers they were eating at a restaurant and the vehicle was unoccupied.
They did not know if the vehicle was unlocked but there were no signs of forced entry, Lt. Ron Clark said.
Fourteen boxes, each containing five DirecTV DVR units, were reported stolen.
Total property loss was reported at $20,930.
In other recent Hilliard police incident reports.
* A trailer worth $5,000 was reported stolen between noon Nov. 17 and 8 a.m. Nov. 19 from the 3700 block of Park Mill Run Drive.
* A 35-year-old man was arrested Nov. 18 for improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle, a felony, at Alton Darby Creek Road and Lampton Pond Drive.
* A 36-year-old man was arrested Nov. 19 for drug abuse and possession of a controlled substance, a 25-year-old woman was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and a 34-year-old man was arrested for falsification at Cemetery Road and Interstate 270 South.
* A 27-year-old man and a 34-year-old woman both were arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:50 a.m. Nov. 23 at Cemetery Road and Lyman Drive.
* A 21-year-old man was arrested for felonious assault at 12:50 p.m. Nov. 23 on the 3900 block of Ridge Mill Drive in Columbus.
The incident began outside the city on I-270 as a domestic dispute in which a man was pursuing a woman, each in separate vehicles, Clark said.
While in Hilliard' s jurisdiction, the man struck the back of the woman's vehicle with his own. The woman exited I-270, stopped at a Mill Run gas station and called police.
When officers arrived, the man was yelling at the woman and was arrested.
The man did not physically strike the woman but was arrested for felonious assault for using his vehicle to strike hers on the freeway, Clark said.
* A 33-year-old man was arrested for drug abuse, a misdemeanor, at 8:10 p.m. Nov. 23 on the 5300 block of Crescent Drive.
* A 28-year-old man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor, at 12:20 a.m. Nov. 24 at Park Mill Run Drive and Fishinger Boulevard.