A resident in the 1800 block of Maxfield Drive reported he was the victim of a scam after being contacted between 2:15 and 5:30 p.m. Nov. 20 and told by an unknown person there was a warrant for his arrest and he would be apprehended unless he paid a $3,000 fine.
He said he was instructed to buy Google Play cards and provide the card information to the person who contacted him. Police reports said he made $3,000 in card purchases and provided the information to the person before realizing he had been scammed.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* A Powell woman reported $1,500 worth of building materials were stolen from a building she owns in the 3500 block of Riverside Drive. She told police the theft took place between 5 p.m. Nov. 15 and 3 p.m. Nov. 17. She said she hired a contractor to complete roof repairs, but the work was never done and she fired the contractor.
She said she hired a new contractor to finish the job, and suspected the original contractor of taking the materials from the work site.
* Jewelry valued together at $6,700 was reported stolen from a residence in the 3100 block of Tremont Road between Oct. 30 and Nov. 8 while the occupant was out town. A roll of silver dollars valued at $75 also was reported stolen.
* A woman in the 1700 block of Ashland Avenue reported someone entered her residence between 7:50 a.m. and 6 p.m. Nov. 20 and went through several drawers in multiple rooms. She was unable to determine if anything was taken.
* Officials at Upper Arlington Schools, 1950 N. Mallway Drive, reported the theft of a school-issued laptop computer valued at $900 from Upper Arlington High School, 1650 Ridgeview Road, at 3:46 p.m. Oct. 26.
* A sandwich-preparation cooler valued at $1,000 was stolen from outside a restaurant in the 3700 block of Riverside Drive between 11 a.m. Nov. 19 and 11:28 a.m. Nov. 20.
* An Upper Arlington man reported three tires and rims valued together at $200 were stolen from his vehicle while it was parked in the 2700 block of Zollinger Road between 3 p.m. Nov. 15 and noon Nov. 17.
* A handbag valued at $200, a credit card and $90 in cash were stolen from a vehicle while it was parked in the 3500 block of Riverside Drive between 8:20 and 9:20 a.m. Nov. 19. Entry was gained by breaking out a passenger-side window, which caused $80 in damage, police reports said.
* A dumpster trailer valued at $4,500 was reported stolen from the 1600 block of West Lane Avenue between 3:30 p.m. Nov. 8 and 8:45 a.m. Nov. 12.
* An allegedly intoxicated 62-year-old Powell man was charged with disorderly conduct after fighting with family members over his ability to drive home at 7:55 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 3100 block of Tremont Road.