A teenage boy told Whitehall police he was robbed about 4:30 p.m. Nov. 30 in the 4300 block of East Main Street.
The boy, a student at Whitehall-Yearling High School, told an officer working special duty at a basketball game that he had been robbed earlier that day after ordering pizzas at a Whitehall shop.
The boy told police while he was waiting for the order, he walked next door to a store on East Main Street, where a man reportedly asked him if he wanted to buy any "weed or guns."
The boy told the man he did not want any, but while walking back to the pizza shop, he was confronted by the same man, who allegedly pointed a gun at him and demanded his property, reports said.
The man told the boy to put his hands down or he would shoot him and also threatened the boy's mother before searching his pockets and taking $6, police said.
The man fled in a vehicle driven by another man, police said.
A witness who had been waiting in the boy's car told police there were two other people in the man's car.
Both the boy and the witness provided a consistent description of the gunman as a black man in his 20s, between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet tall, with tattoos around his right eye, neck and hands, and wearing a belt with "bling" on it, according to reports.
Another robbery involving teens occurred at 10 p.m. Nov. 30 at South Yearling Road and Wright Avenue, reports said.
Four teenage boys told police a man robbed them while they were walking on the street.
The boys described the robber as a black man, between the ages of 17 and 20, with a thin build and dreadlocks, wearing studded denim.
The man reportedly asked the boys if they wanted to buy marijuana and then pointed a pistol at them and took cellphones and $20 from them.
Whitehall police said they believe the man in both robberies is the same.
Later Nov. 30, Columbus police notified Whitehall of a similar robbery at South Hamilton Road and East Livingston Avenue and advised Whitehall police they had a suspect, a man recently released from jail and identified by one victim, according to reports.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police arrested a 31-year-old Columbus man for discharging firearms, a misdemeanor, after responding to a report of a man firing a gun into the air at 8:30 p.m. Dec. 1 in the 700 block of Valerie Lane.
Police established a perimeter and located the suspect in the 600 block of South Hamilton Road.
Using a loudspeaker and at gunpoint, officers ordered several suspects outside the residence, reports said.
Police determined one man had fired the gun.
The man reportedly told police he had fired a 9mm pistol into the ground in the backyard of the residence.
The gun was not located, but the man told police his brother took the gun when he left prior to police arriving.
A shell casing was found in the backyard, reports said.
The man who was arrested also was in possession of a small amount of marijuana, according to reports.
* Burglaries were reported at 4:10 a.m. Nov. 29 in the 800 block of South Hamilton Road; at 6:35 a.m. Nov. 29 in the 1100 block of Irongate Lane; at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 1 in the 600 block of South Hamilton Road; at 12:15 a.m. Dec. 2 in the 200 block of Parklawn Circle; at 7:35 a.m. Dec. 3 in the 5300 block of East Main Street; at 4:45 p.m. Dec. 6 in the 500 block of South Yearling Road; and at 5 p.m. Dec. 6 in the 4800 block of Langley Avenue.
* Thefts were reported at 4:45 p.m. Nov. 30 in the 4800 block of Ashley Avenue; at 12:50 p.m. and 2 p.m. Dec. 1 and at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 5 in the 3600 block of East Main Street; at 6:45 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 4400 block of East Main Street; and at 3:20 p.m. Dec. 6 in the 3700 block of East Broad Street.
* Assaults were reported at 7:40 p.m. Nov. 29 in the first block of Pinewood Drive; at 3:25 p.m. Dec. 2 at Langley Avenue and Lizzie Lane; at 4:25 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 600 block of Maplewood Avenue; at 8:10 p.m. Dec. 4 in the 3600 block of East Main Street; and at 7 p.m. Dec. 6 in the 4800 block of Langley Avenue.
* A vehicle was reported stolen at 7:15 a.m. Dec. 7 in the 4700 block of Olde Colony Way.
* Property destruction was reported at 7:25 a.m. Nov. 29 in the 700 block of Lamby Lane; at 9:50 a.m. Dec. 4 in the 700 block of South Yearling Road; at 4:25 P.M. Dec. 4 in the 4300 block of Amalia Place; and at 12:55 p.m. Dec. 5 in the 900 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 11:10 p.m. Dec. 1 at Erickson and Wright avenues; and at 10:40 p.m. Dec. 5 in the 4300 block of East Mound Street.