The Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission will accept public comment through Jan. 18 on more than $21 million in federal funding it has proposed for projects such as the Olentangy Trail and improvements to Fishinger Road in Upper Arlington.
The funds would run from fiscal years 2020-25.
Projects being considered are:
* Improvements in Columbus' traffic-signal system: $11.1 million.
* Upgrades of the intersections of state Route 161 and Maple Canyon Avenue and of Parkville Street and Spring Run Drive: $894,250.
* Concrete bus-pad upgrades: $901,410.
* Traffic-signal infrastructure: $567,650.
* Fishinger Road reconstruction from Riverside Drive to 400 feet west of Mountview Road: $3 million.
* Olentangy Trail from Clinton Como Park to Northmoor Place, multiuse path and bridges: $3.45 million.
* First-/last-mile service for Central Ohio Transit Authority: $946,400.
* Preproject development for two COTA transit corridors: $960,000.
Copies of the draft listings are available by calling MORPC at 614-228-2663. They also can be viewed at tinyurl.com/yctldjbo.
Questions about proposed projects can be submitted in writing by 5 p.m. Jan. 17 to Thea Walsh, director of transportation systems and funding, Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission, c/o 111 Liberty Street, Suite 100, Columbus 43215, or by email to email@example.com.