A 26-year-old Cleveland man was charged with obstructing official business Feb. 3 in the 5100 block of Post Road after he jumped out of a second-floor hotel window when officers tried to arrest him on a warrant.
According to Dublin police department incident reports, at 7:43 p.m. Feb. 3 a Dublin police officer after checking license plates on a vehicle discovered the man to whom the vehicle was registered was wanted on an arrest warrant filed for a probation violation from Cleveland.
When police went to the man’s hotel room to attempt contact, they could hear someone in the room talking on the phone, but no one answered after Dublin police identified themselves and knocked several times.
Officers said they then heard someone jump from the window of the room that was on the second floor into a courtyard below.
The man was injured during the jump and Washington Township Fire department paramedics were called to the scene.
When the man was questioned by police, he initially provided incorrect identifying information before admitting his real name.
He was treated at Dublin Methodist Hospital and taken to the Franklin County jail.
In other recent Dublin police incident reports:
• Telecommunications fraud was reported Feb. 6 in the 7900 block of Tullymore Drive.
• Motor vehicle theft was reported at approximately 7:25 a.m. Feb. 4 in the 5400 block of Briardale Lane.
• A 68-year-old woman was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Feb. 4 at Dublin and Brand roads.
• Theft of an air compressor valued at $20 was reported at 9:10 p.m. Feb. 3 from a vehicle in the 5700 block of Heathstead Drive.
• A 28-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Feb. 3 in the 6500 block of Riverside Drive.
• A 29-year-old man was charged with assault Feb. 3 in the 6000 block of Innovation Drive.
• A rape was reported at 12:47 a.m. Feb. 2 in the 5100 block of Post Road.
• Police responded at 2:22 a.m. to a report of sexual imposition Feb. 2 in the 6500 block of Riverside Drive.
• The theft of a 9mm firearm was reported at 12:04 a.m. Feb. 2 at a residence in the 5800 block of Chatterfield Drive.
• A 31-year-old man was charged with domestic violence – simple assault Feb. 2 in the 5100 block of Post Road.
• A 49-year-old woman was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Feb. 1 at Perimeter Center Drive.
• A 38-year-old man was charged with domestic violence-simple assault Feb. 1 at Riverside Drive and West Dublin-Granville Road.
• Property totaling $552 was reported stolen at 5:21 a.m. Feb. 1 from Sells Middle School, 150 W. Bridge Street.
According to the police report, stolen property included a jacket, a drill, a bolt cutter, $1 in change and other tools and property.