Two cars were recently stolen from the area, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
A $5,000 Jaguar XJ, manufacturing date unknown, was stolen at 5:10 p.m. Feb. 10 from the 700 block of South Third Street.
The victim said the vehicle was stolen while he was letting it warm up unattended.
A $15,000 Kia Soul, manufacturing date unknown, was reported stolen between 10 p.m. Feb. 7 and 8 a.m. Feb. 8 in the 1200 block of South High Street.
In other recent incident Columbus police incident reports from the area:
* A 64-year-old man was arrested at 4:02 p.m. Feb. 12 after he allegedly assaulted a woman in the 600 block of South High Street.
* Between 1 and 1:30 a.m. Feb. 8, someone attempted to break into a residence in the first block of West Moler Street.
The victim said someone pried off the screen and attempted to push the window up, but no entry was made.
* A neighbor, upon hearing an alarm at 2:45 p.m. Feb. 10, reported a suspected burglary in process in the 200 block of Hanford Street.
The reporting officers observed the dead bolt of the rear door had been pushed through the door frame and the door was open. The officers checked the house but found no one inside. The reporting officer made contact with the resident who was out of town.
The suspect caused $100 worth of damage each to the door and the door frame, reports said.
* A $200 bicycle was stolen between 3:30 p.m. Feb. 8 and 7:45 p.m. Feb. 10 from the front porch of a residence in the 900 block of South Lazelle Street.
The thief removed the bicycle but left one of its wheels, which was locked to the porch.
* Someone stole a coat, key and cellphone at 10:30 a.m. Feb. 11 from a building in the 1300 block of South High Street.