Gahanna police responded to an issue at 7:17 a.m. Feb. 17 involving a parent and a teenage girl at a Vista Drive residence.
According to reports, the girl met and continued communication with an unidentified boy through a software application for about a month. The conversations became illicit and the girl sent the person some videos, according to reports. They had arranged to meet in person, but the girl thought it was a bad idea at the last minute. Police spoke to both about the danger involved and the girl agreed she would go with her mother to counseling, reports said.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A Falcon Hunter Way resident alleged that two Penny Lane residents were making threats, according to a report received at 6:41 p.m. Feb. 18. She said they sent her pictures of a gun and showed up at her residence when she wasn't home, reports said.
* An employee at a Morse Road business allegedly was being harassed by an acquaintance, according to a report received at 3:42 p.m. Feb. 18. The person yelled at the employee at the business, and she believes he also took a license plate from her vehicle. The person was warned for the harassment and ordered to leave the business, reports said. The reporting party called police again at 4:51 p.m., noting he continued to call even though officers told him to no longer attempt contact.
* The back window of a vehicle was broken out in the parking lot of a business in the 600 block of Taylor Road, according to a report received at 9:28 a.m. Feb. 18.
* Icy conditions were reported at Tech Center Drive and Morrison Road and a vehicle was sliding through the light, according to a complaint received at 9:13 p.m. Feb. 17. The city's service department was advised to check conditions, reports said.
* Two teenagers on skateboards were rummaging through a garage at Creekside, 137 Mill St., according to a suspicious-person report received at 2:26 a.m. Feb. 17.
* A Caswell Drive resident reported an acquaintance stole his tax refund, according to a report received at 1:56 p.m. Feb. 15.
* Tires were cut overnight at a Hemston Drive residence, according to a report received at 8:47 a.m. Feb. 15.
* A man allegedly tried to take laundry detergent and synthetic oil from a business in the 100 block of West Johnstown Road, according to a report received at 1:49 p.m. Feb. 14.
* A Bonnington Way resident told police her teenage son took her car at 10:45 p.m. Feb. 12 and returned it at 2:45 a.m. Feb. 13, according to a report received at 4:36 p.m. Feb. 13. She wanted to talk to an officer about the incident, reports said.
* A theft from a vehicle took place overnight in the 900 block of Harmony Court, according to a report received at 11:09 a.m. Feb. 12.
* Medication and change were stolen from a vehicle in the 500 block of Fenchurch Way, according to a report received at 6 p.m. Feb. 6.
* A vehicle in the 500 block of Palace Lane was ransacked overnight, according to a report received at 10:13 a.m. Feb. 6.