A 22-year-old Columbus man was arrested by New Albany Police Department officers at 11:43 a.m. Feb. 11 after they responded to a report of two people entering a business on the 7700 block of Smith's Mill Road.
The men entered the business because they were looking for someone and then sat in their vehicle in the parking lot, according to police.
An officer found open beer cans and arrested the driver for OVI. When the vehicle was impounded, police also found marijuana.
The man was charged for OVI and also charged with operating a motor vehicle without a valid license, open container and possession of marijuana.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 27-year-old Columbus man was arrested for OVI and also charged with failure to comply with the order of an officer at 7:09 p.m. Feb. 17 at eastbound state Route 161 and Johnstown Road after an officer saw him drive through a closed portion of a roadway, ignoring officers' orders. When officers tracked down the vehicle, they found the driver to be impaired.
* A resident on the 7400 block of Skarlocken Green at 9:54 a.m. Feb. 17 told police someone stole a pellet smoker from the back porch of the residence.
* A 41-year-old Columbus woman was cited for providing false information to an officer at 7:35 p.m. Feb. 16 at Walton Parkway and New Albany Road East.
* A 31-year-old Columbus woman was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 9:40 p.m. Feb. 15 at state Route 161 and U.S. Route 62. Her passenger, a 35-year-old Columbus man, was cited for drug paraphernalia, possessing drug-abuse instruments, controlled-substance possession or use and open container.
* A 20-year-old Columbus man was arrested for OVI at 11:02 p.m. Feb. 14 at Beech and Smith's Mill roads.
* A 29-year-old Columbus man was cited with drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 5:01 p.m. Feb. 11 at Market and West Main streets.