A 38-year-old Walhonding man was arrested by New Albany Police Department officers for multiple warrants after a traffic stop at 5:47 p.m. Feb. 19 at Central College Road and New Albany Links Drive.
The vehicle was stopped because it had no front license plate and because the muffler was loud, according to the police report.
When confronted by officers, the driver became argumentative, refused to provide his driver's license and then said he didn't have one, the report said.
Officers found he had multiple warrants for his arrest, according to the report.
Those warrants originated with the Ohio State Highway Patrol for resisting arrest, according to New Albany police clerk Lauren Johnson.
The man was arrested and charged with improper handling of a firearm, marijuana possession and marijuana-drug-paraphernalia possession.
He admitted that marijuana and a loaded weapon found in the vehicle belonged to him, according to the report.
In other New Albany police incident reports:
* A 30-year-old Reynoldsburg man was issued a summons for driving under suspension after an officer at 12:27 a.m. Feb. 23 stopped him for an equipment violation at New Albany-Condit Road and Walton Parkway.
* An officer at 2:43 p.m. Feb. 21 was dispatched to the 200 block of Market Street to investigate a complaint of a person trying to cash a fraudulent check. The investigation is pending.
* A 49-year-old Westerville woman was cited for drug paraphernalia, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use at 5:52 p.m. Feb. 20 at Central College and New Albany-Condit roads.
* An employee of a business on the 6500 block of New Albany Road East at 11:04 a.m. Dec. 20 told police a contracted employee used clients' information to make unauthorized purchases.
* A 19-year-old New Albany man was cited for drug paraphernalia, drug-paraphernalia equipment, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 12:32 a.m. Feb. 19 at Thompson and Johnstown roads. An officer found marijuana and a homemade smoking device.
* A 23-year-old Newark woman was cited for open container at 8:26 p.m. Feb. 18 at Kitzmiller and Central College roads.
* A 19-year-old Newark man was cited for drug paraphernalia, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use when an officer found him in possession of marijuana and a pipe with marijuana residue at 10:55 a.m. Feb. 18 at westbound state Route 161 and Beech Road.
* A 31-year-old Norfolk woman was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 2:39 a.m. Feb. 18 at North High Street and Cherry Alley.