Whitehall police arrested two people on a litany of charges after a pursuit from a Whitehall business to a Columbus apartment Feb. 24.
Police arrested a 28-year-old Pickerington man for failure to comply with the signal of a police officer, carrying a concealed weapon, having a weapon under disability, improper handling of a weapon in a motor vehicle, receiving stolen property, possession of drugs, leaving the scene of an accident, driving without a license, driving with a suspended license and outstanding warrants, reports said.
A 25-year-old Columbus woman was arrested for improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle, receiving stolen property and possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia, according to reports.
Shortly after 7 p.m. Feb. 24, officers attempted to contact the 28-year-old driver of a vehicle in the parking lot of a business in the 4300 block of East Main Street.
Officers were investigating possible drug trafficking, according to reports.
The vehicle was reported stolen, police said.
Officers approached the vehicle, but the driver reportedly refused to roll down the window and instead backed up, striking the officers' vehicle, and then fled east on East Main Street "at a high rate of speed" while disregarding red lights, police said.
Officers pursued the driver 2 miles into the city of Columbus. At times, the fleeing driver was traveling at 100 mph, according to reports.
The driver stopped in the yard of a residence in the 700 block of Strawberry Hill Drive and, after a foot pursuit, was taken into custody, along with the passenger.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police arrested a 47-year-old man for felonious assault at 3:15 p.m. Feb. 25 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street.
The man reportedly stabbed a 30-year-old woman at an apartment.
Whitehall medics transported the woman to Mount Carmel East Hospital, according to reports.
* Police arrested a 33-year-old Whitehall man for possession of drug paraphernalia and a 31-year-old man with no permanent address for burglary at 4 p.m. Feb. 21 in the 4100 block of Rickenbacker Avenue, reports said.
* Burglaries were reported at 6 p.m. Feb. 25 in the 4800 block of Langley Avenue; at 11:35 a.m. Feb. 24 in the 3900 block of East Main Street; at 3:10 p.m. Feb. 23 in the 200 block of Schofield Drive; and at 11:55 p.m. Feb. 22 in the 1100 block of South Hamilton Road.
* A 28-year-old woman was arrested for assault at 3:35 p.m. Feb. 21 in the 4500 block of East Broad Street.
Assaults also were reported at 3:45 p.m. Feb. 27 at Rickenbacker Avenue and South Yearling Road; at 7:05 p.m. Feb. 28 in the 4300 block of East Main Street; and at 12:40 p.m. Feb. 21 and 12:15 p.m. March 1 in the 4500 block of East Broad Street.
* Property destruction was reported at 6:50 p.m. Feb. 26 in the 3900 block of East Broad Street; at 11:55 p.m. Feb. 24 in the 3900 block of Beechcreek Road; at 3:15 p.m. Feb. 24 in the 800 block of South Hamilton Road; and at 12:45 p.m. Feb. 22 in the 900 block of Beechwood Road.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 3:50 p.m. Feb. 27 in the 3900 block of Andrus Avenue; and at 10:30 p.m. Feb. 26 in the 4600 block of East Main Street.