A youth said he was beaten and robbed of his cellphone, shoes, some clothing and $130 in cash by more than one suspect at 8:30 p.m. March 12 in the 7800 block of Meadowhaven Boulevard.
The victim said he was "struck several times in the face and body" before his assailants made off with a backpack valued at $120, a $130 pair of shoes, his house key, fanny pack, a $100 cellphone and the cash.
In other Northwest Side police reports:
* Two women, one 36 and the other 35, told police at 3:32 p.m. March 14 that someone the previous day broke into their lockers at a business in the 2000 block of Bethel Road and took $80 in cash from one of them, $20 from the other. In addition, the victims said the suspect copied information from their credit cards and made charges on them without their permission.
* A representative of a car rental company in the 1400 block of Bethel Road filed a report at 11:25 a.m. March 14 regarding a $30,000 Mitsubishi that had been rented Feb. 12 and not returned.
The suspect failed to respond to a "demand to return letter" sent Feb. 15, the report said. The business representative indicated the company will prosecute.
* A "distraction technique" was employed by two suspects purchasing gift cards at a store in the 5800 block of Sawmill Road with the result they made off with $2,400 worth of cards than they paid for, according to a report filed 2:47 p.m. March 14. The incident took place at 2:50 p.m. March 11 but the discrepancy was not discovered until the cashier's drawer came up short, the responding officer noted.
* A woman, 44, said her boyfriend threatened her when he called from a prison to her home in the 5900 block of Abbey Chapel Drive at 11 a.m. March 14. She said the caller "told her that since she broke up with him, he would seek revenge and that he knows where her parents live," according to the responding officer. "Victim is worried because the suspect is in prison for kidnapping and has been in prison prior for homicide."
* A Hilliard woman, 23, said a suspect pushed her and knocked her head against a wall during an argument at 8:15 p.m. March 13 in the 4000 block of Spice Market Street.
"Reporting officer spoke with all parties involved and got conflicting stories," the report said. "This incident occurred when the victim was removing her items from the above location and an argument/name calling began to occur."
* A home in the 7300 block of Chaparral Road was burglarized sometime between 9 p.m. March 7 and 8:35 a.m. March 12.
The victims were a juvenile, a man, 41, and a woman, 34. They reported that $460 in U.S. currency, $50 worth of Canadian money and Chinese currency worth $50 had been taken, along with their passports.