Grove City police said a resident in the 2400 block of Deerfield Drive reported she was the victim of a scam.

The woman said she received a call March 13 from a man who provided a name and said he was an investigator with the Internal Revenue Service. He told the woman there was a federal warrant for her arrest for tax evasion and she owed $6,273 in taxes, reports stated.

The man then told the woman she could take care of the warrant by purchasing a Google Play card. He told her to stay on the line and go to a grocery store in the 5900 block of Hoover Road, stating agents were watching the store's surveillance video and would see when she entered the store, according to reports.

The man warned the victim not to hang up her phone or tell anyone about the call.

The woman said she went to the store, purchased a $500 Google Play card then gave the card number to the suspect. He then told her she had another warrant on her file out of Washington, D.C., and she should buy another $500 Google Play card, reports stated.

The woman said she returned to the store and took another card to the counter. The clerk asked her why she was buying a second card. She told the clerk she was on the phone with the IRS but she couldn't give any more details.

The clerk said store employees had been warned about possible scams involving the IRS. The woman handed her phone to the clerk, who asked who he was speaking with, reports stated. The caller immediately disconnected.

In other recent Grove City police reports:

* Police filed warrants on misdemeanor charges of fleeing and eluding and driving under suspension against a Columbus man they said refused to pull over March 15 after an officer attempted a traffic stop for the driver's failure to stop before making a right turn from Parkmead Drive onto Stringtown Road.

As the vehicle headed east on Stringtown, it veered into the westbound lanes. The officer was following and put on his overhead lights to make a traffic stop. The car was in the left lane of traffic and slowed, but did not stop, according to reports. The officer activated his siren several times to signal the vehicle to pull over.

As the vehicle neared Gantz Road, it suddenly accelerated through a red light, nearly striking other vehicles in and around the intersection. The car then headed north onto Gantz Road at a high rate of speed.

The officer turned off his siren and lights and discontinued the chase for safety reasons, according to reports.

Officers contacted the registered owner of the vehicle, who said her son had access to her car.

She said her son, his girlfriend and their infant child had been at her home the night before, but she did not see him take the vehicle because she had gone to bed, reports stated.

While police were on the phone with the woman, her son called her and officers overheard him tell her the police had just stopped chasing him and she should tell them her car had been stolen so they wouldn't suspect him of being the driver.

Officers contacted the suspect who agreed to meet them at police headquarters by a certain time.

When he didn't show up, officers called him again. He again promised to meet them at the police station, and officers told him that if he didn't show up, warrants for his arrest would be filed.

He did not arrive and stopped answering officers' calls. The charges were filed against the man in Franklin County Municipal Court.

* The founder and president of an organization located in the 2300 block of Columbus Street told police March 16 that a computer tablet and mobile hot spot were stolen from a desk drawer sometime during September 2017.

She said that over the past 18 months, she has frequently checked with the manufacturers of the equipment hoping she could locate the items.

She said she recently spoke with a representative of the tablet company who told her device was in use but it was registered to a different account. The total value of the tablet and hot spot were $510, reports stated.

* An employee of a business in the 1500 block of Stringtown Road reported a man stole two pairs of eyeglasses on March 13. The clerk said the man came into the store, tried on the two pairs of glasses, then sprinted out of the store with the merchandise. Total loss was $610, according to reports.