A 30-year-old Reynoldsburg man was arrested for a warrant and cited for possession of controlled substances after a New Albany Police Department officer at 1:48 p.m. March 14 was dispatched to the 7000 block of Sunbury Road for a warrant pickup.
During the slating process, narcotics were recovered, and an investigation is pending, according to the police report.
The man had a warrant from Westerville for a minor traffic offense, according to police clerk Lauren Johnson.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* Identity theft was reported at 4:34 p.m. March 17 in the 7700 block of Aspinwall North.
* A 45-year-old Chicago man was cited for open container after a traffic stop at 12:21 p.m. March 17 at state Route 161 and Johnstown Road.
* A 22-year-old Columbus woman was arrested for OVI after officers at 11:42 p.m. March 16 responded to the 9800 block of Johnstown Road for a call about someone who might be intoxicated at a service station.
* A 22-year-old Newark man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 12:50 p.m. March 16 at state Route 161 and Johnstown Road.
* A 25-year-old Mount Vernon man was cited for illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 1:26 a.m. March 16 at Johnstown and Forest roads.
* A phone scam was reported at 10:03 a.m. March 15 in the 7700 block of Fenway Road.
* A 22-year-old Sunbury man was cited for drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 5:06 p.m. March 13 at New Albany and New Albany-Condit roads.
* A police pursuit was terminated after an attempted traffic stop at 11:28 p.m. March 12 at state Route 161 westbound and Johnstown Road.