A 30-year-old Columbus man was arrested for theft of $209.96 in merchandise March 7 from a business in the 6200 block of Sawmill Road.
According to Dublin Police Department incident reports, the man stole four pairs of women's athletic shoes.
Store management told police the man later attempted to return the shoes and said he had purchased them from Mansfield.
Police later met with the man, who admitted to being at the store March 7 and having four pairs of women's shoes in his cart, but he denied the theft.
He also admitted that he returned to the store March 8 to return three pairs of shoes.
Police arrested him at 6:29 p.m. March 12 and he was issues a summnons to appear in Franklin County Municipal Court to answer the charge.
In other recent Dublin incident reports:
* A 34-year-old man was charged with telecommunications harassment March 13 in the 3000 block of Glenloch Circle.
* A 24-year-old man was charged with domestic violence-simple assault March 12 in the 6200 block of Craughwell Lane.
* An Apple Macbook Pro and a backpack, together valued at $1,550, were reported stolen at 3:38 p.m. March 11 from a vehicle in the 5100 block of Rings Road.
* On March 11 it was reported counterfeit currency was used at a business in the 7000 block of Hospital Drive.
* A 27-year-old man was charged with possession of drug-abuse instruments March 11 in the 6800 block of Ketchum Court.
* Fraud was reported at 11:03 a.m. March 10 in the 6900 block of Old Bridge Lane East.
* Vandalism of a residence was reported in the 7000 block of Parnell Court. Reports said food and toilet paper were strewn on the garage, brick porch, driveway and mailbox. The incident was reported at 7:56 a.m. March 9.
* A 41-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs March 9 in the 400 block of Metro Place North.
* A 23-year-old man was charged with marijuana drug abuse March 9 in the 7400 block of Sawmill Road.
* A 23-year-old woman was charged with marijuana drug abuse March 8 on Interstate 270 West.
* A 22-year-old man was charged with domestic violence-simple assault March 8 in the 3900 block of Orchard Crest Court.