A 59-year-old man and a 42-year-old woman, both residents of Marengo, received citations after a traffic stop at 2:46 p.m. March 23 at North Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road and Market Street.
A New Albany officer on patrol stopped the man's vehicle after finding that the license plate belonged to another vehicle, according to reports.
The driver, the man, had an active warrant for his arrest for traffic violations from the Ohio State Highway Patrol. He was arrested for the warrant and cited for use of illegal plates and failure to register.
The woman was cited for possession of controlled substances and illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia for drug-abuse instruments found in her purse.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 35-year-old Jersey Township man was arrested for a warrant from Whitehall for traffic violations after a traffic stop at 12:46 p.m. March 18 on state Route 161 near New Albany. No cross street was listed in the report. Drug paraphernalia, drug-abuse instruments and narcotics were found in the vehicle, and charges are pending a lab submission.
* A 55-year-old Cuyahoga Falls man was cited for drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 8:23 p.m. March 18 at New Albany-Condit Road and Kardules Way.
* A 21-year-old Granville man was cited for drug paraphernalia, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 3:58 a.m. March 24 at state Route 161 eastbound and Beech Road. Drug paraphernalia and marijuana were found.
* A 28-year-old Columbus man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 11:48 p.m. March 23 at Market and West Main streets. Marijuana was found.
* An 18-year-old Ashville man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use at 2:37 a.m. March 23 in the 5200 block of Forest Drive.
An officer found a small amount of marijuana in his vehicle, which was parked in a back parking lot of a building.
* A 59-year-old New Albany man was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 11:24 p.m. March 22 on the 7300 block of Walnut Street.
* A 29-year-old Blacklick woman was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 9:36 p.m. March 22 at Central College and New Albany roads. Narcotics were recovered from the vehicle.
* A 29-year-old Galloway man was cited for open container after a traffic stop at 3:18 p.m. March 22 at state Route 161 and U.S. Route 62.
* A knife was reported stolen at 2:15 p.m. March 22 on the 1500 block of Beech Road Southwest.
* A 36-year-old New Albany man was cited for marijuana possession after a traffic stop at 7:54 p.m. March 20 at Bevelhymer and New Albany roads.