Employees at a department store in the 2700 block of Taylor Road Southwest reported the theft of $202 worth of merchandise March 15.
According to police reports, employees observed a man and woman shortly before 6:30 a.m. pretending to pay for more than 20 items using the self-checkout lane. Although the woman appeared to be swiping a credit card, the pair walked out of the store, leaving without processing the payment.
In other recent Reynoldsburg reports:
* An employee at a discount store in the 6300 block of East Livingston Avenue reported a robbery at 9:44 p.m. March 20. Police said a woman called 911 and reported two men, dressed in black clothing and covering their faces, robbed the store and fled on foot toward the nearby Century City apartments.
* Employees at a fast-food restaurant in the 1900 block of Brice Road reported at 10 a.m. March 20 that two windows were broken out by an unidentified man early in morning. According to police reports, video surveillance captured images of a man approaching the store around 3:25 a.m. and kicking two windows on the southwest corner of the building, breaking one.
* A 2010 gray, four-door Chevrolet Malibu was reported stolen shortly after 7 a.m. March 18 from where it was parked in the 2000 block of Stoney Court. According to reports, the vehicle was taken between 9 p.m. March 17 and 7 a.m. March 18.
* A 32-year-old Reynoldsburg woman was charged with assault shortly after 8:30 p.m. March 17 after police responded to a home in the 8900 block of Trinity Circle.
* A 25-year-old Reynoldsburg woman was charged with assault shortly after 7 p.m. March 15 after police responded to a 911 call reporting a domestic disturbance at a residence in the 2200 block of Ayers Drive.
* A 35-year-old Reynoldsburg man was charged with assault shortly after 11 p.m. March 15 after police responded to a 911 call in the 7100 block of Marlan Circle.