Representatives of St. Andrew Church, 1899 McCoy Road, and Tremont Elementary School, 2900 Tremont Road, reported someone stole copper downspouts from the respective buildings.
According to police reports, two 20-foot sections of downspouting were taken from the front of the school between 8 p.m. March 22 and 12:22 p.m. March 23.
The downspouts at the school were valued together at $1,500.
An additional report stated the thefts at St. Andrews occurred between 11:45 p.m. March 14 and 12:10 a.m. March 15; according to police, two unknown individuals stole four copper downspouts from the parish office building.
The downspouts from the church were valued together at $1,100 and were taken from different areas of the building. According to the report, they had a combined length of approximately 50 feet.
The report stated surveillance video of the incident at the church does exist, but the video hadn't been copied at the time the thefts were reported.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* A woman in the 3100 block of Halesworth Road reported she was scammed out of $1,500 after someone contacted her and convinced her to purchase gift cards and provide the card numbers to them via telephone between March 21 and March 29.
* A wallet valued at $200, two credit cards, $520 in cash and personal identity papers were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked outside a residence in the 4800 block of Oldbridge Drive between 9 a.m. and noon March 29.
* Alcohol valued at $200, "other personal effects" valued together at $120, "other property" valued at $30 and a wallet valued at $10 were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 1100 block of Regency Drive between 1 and 6 a.m. March 21.
* A man in the 2100 block of South Parkway Drive reported someone attempted to gain entry to his residence by kicking the front door some time between Feb. 27 and March 28.
The door's deadbolt lock prevented entry, but a muddy shoeprint was found on the door.
* Jewelry valued at $800, two laptop computers valued together at $1,500 and a purse valued at $200 were stolen from a vehicle in the 5300 block of Riverside Drive. Police reports said entry to the vehicle was gained by breaking a window, which caused $1,000 in damage. No time or date was provided for the incident.