Employees at a business on the 5200 block of Forest Drive at 7:34 p.m. March 29 contacted the New Albany Police Department after finding a black leather bag they suspected contained narcotics.
After officers arrived and confirmed the bag contained narcotics, it was impounded at the police department, according to reports.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 32-year-old Columbus man was cited for illegal use or possession of marijuana drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 3:59 p.m. March 31 at state Route 161 and West Beech Road.
* Two smartphones at 6:16 p.m. March 30 were reported stolen on the 3500 block of Eyre Hall Pass.
* Identity theft was reported at 1:24 p.m. March 30 on Griswold Drive.
* A 20-year-old Grove City woman was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 4 a.m. March 30 in the 4000 block of state Route 161. She also was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use because police found a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle.
* A 23-year-old Johnstown woman was cited for drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 5:03 p.m. March 28 at New Albany-Condit and Central College roads. A glass pipe with burnt marijuana residue was found in the vehicle.
* A business in the 9200 block of Smith's Mill Road at 12:34 a.m. March 28 told police a fired employee refused to leave the property and was attempting to assault staff members. The former employee departed before officers arrived. Charges are pending an investigation, according to police clerk Lauren Johnson.
* A 17-year-old New Albany boy was cited for illegal use or possession of marijuana drug paraphernalia and marijuana possession after a traffic stop at 11:33 p.m. March 27 on the 200 block of Market Street.
* Officers found drug paraphernalia in a vehicle after a traffic stop at 2:11 a.m. March 26 at Chatham Green Drive and New Albany-Condit Road. Charges are pending an investigation, according to Johnson.
Officers found narcotics and narcotics equipment in a vehicle after a traffic stop at 3:56 p.m. March 25 at Johnstown Road and Walton Parkway. Charges are pending an investigation, according to Johnson.