The New Albany Police Department took two handguns into possession after someone called police to take the firearms and destroy them.
According to police reports, the caller at 7:01 p.m. May 1 contacted police from the 4600 block of Wilkin Court.
Police collected a 9mm handgun in a box with a lock, magazine and parts and 9mm rounds and another 9mm handgun with a magazine, according to Police clerk Lauren Johnson.
No one has been charged, Johnson said.
The guns were reported to be stolen in Georgia, according to the police report.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 30-year-old Gahanna woman was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 12:27 a.m. May 5 at Central College and New Albany-Condit roads.
* A 26-year-old Newark man was arrested after a traffic stop at 12:04 a.m. May 5 at the 48.5-mile marker on state Route 161 eastbound.
He was cited for display of license plates and validation stickers or temporary license placard or windshield sticker, speed limits, trafficking, aggravated trafficking in schedule I or II drugs and marijuana possession.
* A 40-year-old Reynoldsburg man was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 12:57 a.m. May 4 in the 4600 block of state Route 161 West.
* A New Albany resident in the 4000 block of Stannage Close Drive at 12:46 p.m. May 3 reported an extortion letter was received in the mail.
* A 41-year-old Columbus woman was arrested for OVI and also cited for open container, illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of controlled substances after a traffic stop at 11:19 p.m. May 2 at U.S. Route 62 and state Route 161.
* A 25-year-old Columbus man was cited for driving under financial responsibility law suspension or cancellation, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 11:19 p.m. May 2 at U.S. Route 62 and state Route 161.
* A 54-year-old Columbus man was cited for drug paraphernalia, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 5:33 p.m. May 1 at Bevelhymer Road and Walton Parkway.
* A 55-year-old Columbus man was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 4:02 p.m. April 30 at Johnstown Road and state Route 161.
* A New Albany High School laptop was at 12:21 p.m. April 30 reported stolen at the school, 7600 Fodor Road.
* A cellphone was reported stolen at 6:17 p.m. April 29 in the 200 block of Market Street.
* A 31-year-old New Albany man was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 2:45 a.m. April 29 at Central College and New Albany roads.