Delaware police said a thief's plan to cash in with a rare baseball card failed when he tried to sell it.
A 1952 Mickey Mantle rookie card valued at $12,000 was discovered stolen after police responded to a burglar alarm at a business in the 800 block of Sunbury Road at 1:04 a.m. May 12.
Police said the suspect was arrested less than 48 hours later, attempting to sell the card in Indianapolis.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A former resident of the 300 block of East Central Avenue told police at 1:19 p.m. May 13 that he had contacted a mover, loaded the truck and paid a $3,000 cash deposit, but the mover left and failed to return.
* A cellphone valued at $39 was reported stolen in the 100 block of East William Street at 9:30 a.m. May 13.
* A man was charged with assault and criminal damaging in the first block of Muirwood Village Drive at 2:26 a.m. May 12.
* Two men fraudulently bought a dresser after switching the price tag from $40 to $4 at a store in the 1100 block of Columbus Pike, according to reports. The crime was reported at 3:21 p.m. May 10.
* A man said he received a communication he believed came from his employer, asking him to buy $3,500 worth of gift cards and forward the card information. He complied and later learned it was a scam, reports said. The theft was reported in the 600 block of Sunbury Road at 3:37 p.m. May 8.
* A purse was turned in to the police department with all its contents after it was reported stolen from a car parked in the first block of North Sandusky Street at 11:36 p.m. May 8, according to reports.
* A resident of the 600 block of Executive Drive received a phone call from someone claiming to be a government official who threatened the victim with arrest, having his Social Security number frozen and the loss of his bank accounts if he didn't forward $1,500 worth of gift cards. The victim complied before realizing it was a scam, reports said. The theft was reported at 5:08 p.m. May 7.
* Jewelry valued at $1,900 was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 100 block of Columbus Avenue in a theft reported at 6:53 a.m. May 7.
* A woman was cited for possession of marijuana and charged with driving while intoxicated at 4:20 a.m. May 7 at Central Avenue and Liberty Street.
* A man was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia at 5:56 p.m. May 7 in the 1000 block of Sunbury Road.
* A cellphone valued at $300 was stolen during a burglary in the 200 block of Park Avenue, reported at 2:10 p.m. May 7.