A Columbus man reported someone stole his cellphone after asking to use it for a call the afternoon of June 11.
According to Columbus police reports, the victim was in the first block of Lakeview Avenue when he was approached by another man who had asked if he could use the phone.
When the victim handed over his phone, the man reportedly ran away, entering a vehicle driven by a woman. Police reportedly searched the area but could not locate the man or the vehicle.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* A Columbus man reported being assaulted after an altercation with a person digging through trash cans.
The man told police he was trying to drive through an alley off the 100 block of Weber Road around 9:30 p.m. June 8 when he reached a car blocking the alley.
He saw two people digging through trash cans and asked them to move the vehicle, but they did not, according to reports.
The man eventually was assaulted before the suspects left the area, reports said.
* A Columbus woman reported someone broke into her locked vehicle and stole thousands of dollars worth of medical equipment and clothing.
The woman told police she found around $4,000 worth of items missing from her vehicle the morning of June 7 after it was parked in the 2900 block of Neil Avenue overnight.
* A Powell man reported his vehicle was stolen while parked in the 3400 block of North High Street the morning of June 9.
* Police responded to the corner of Fairway Court and Fairway Drive the morning of June 11 after a resident called to report he watched an unknown man shoot a gun in the street after arguing with a woman.
Police made no arrests and the caller did not give further information.
* A 40-year-old Springfield man was arrested after allegedly shoplifting $85 worth of steak from a grocery store in the 2800 block of North High Street the night of June 7.