An attempted traffic stop resulted in a short pursuit and the arrest of a 26-year-old Columbus man, according to a recent report from the New Albany Police Department.
A New Albany police officer at 3:11 p.m. June 6 at state Route 161 and Beech Road saw the man's vehicle involved in multiple traffic violations and attempted to conduct a traffic stop, the report said.
A short pursuit ensued before the man stopped in the parking lot of a nearby business, the report said.
He was charged for open container, possession of controlled substances, OVI and failure to comply with the order of a peace officer, among other charges.
The man also had two warrants from Grove City and Richland County, said police clerk Lauren Johnson. Reports did not indicate why the warrants were issued, she said.
In other New Albany police incident reports:
* A Pickerington resident at 12:14 p.m. June 9 told police someone took $730 worth of goods from him on the 6600 block of East Dublin-Granville Road.
* A 33-year-old Columbus man was charged with OVI after he was reported to be unconscious behind the wheel of his vehicle at 10:22 p.m. June 8 at New Albany Links Drive and Central College Road.
* A 42-year-old Utica woman was arrested on a felony warrant and an 18-year-old Columbus woman was cited for drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 11:22 a.m. June 7 at state Route 161 and Johnstown Road. The warrant was for drug charges and originated in Morrow County, Johnson said.
* A Columbus woman at 8:02 a.m. June 7 told police her credit card was stolen from her place of employment on the 7300 block of Smith's Mill Road. Two unauthorized charges made to the card totaled $425.79, Johnson said.
* A 19-year-old Columbus man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 1:51 a.m. June 7 at New Albany-Condit Road and Kardules Fields Drive.
* A resident in the first block of Edge of Woods told police at 9:57 a.m. June 6 someone stole a bicycle from an open garage at his residence.
* A 57-year-old Gahanna woman was charged with OVI after a traffic stop at 12:42 a.m. June 6 at U.S. Route 62 and Greensward Road.
* A 32-year-old Westerville woman was cited for illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of controlled substances and possessing drug-abuse instruments after a traffic stop at 3:10 p.m. June 4 at Fodor Road and Swickard Woods Boulevard.
* A Harper Lane resident at 1:14 p.m. June 4 told police someone removed $96,752 from his savings account.
* Theft of tools was reported at 10:58 a.m. June 3 at Beech Road and Ganton Way.