The Arlington Golf and Riding Club clubhouse, pictured looking northeast from the railroad tracks, was designed by prolific architect Frank Packard and was built in 1895 on the 4-acre site now occupied by the Aladdin Woods housing development on Arlington Avenue north of First Avenue.
The next year, an additional 12 acres were purchased to expand the club with a four-hole golf course that crossed the Columbus, Urbana and Western traction railroad tracks. (The wooden bridge at the left in the photo swung out and was used by golfers to cross over.)
In 1907, it expanded to nine holes. Some members of the club wanted an 18-hole course, and in 1916 they established the Scioto Country Club a half-mile north.
In 1918, the Shriners of Aladdin Temple were searching for a club of their own and bought the Arlington Country Club, renaming it the Aladdin Country Club. It remained in existence until 1925.
The clubhouse survived for some years, sometimes as a private residence, but mostly vacant. It was razed to make room for the Aladdin Woods project.