New Albany Police Department officers on Aug. 1 responded to an early morning call about an employee pointing a gun at other employees at his workplace.
The incident resulted in the arrest of a Columbus man.
At 3:36 a.m., officers were dispatched to a business on the 9200 block of Smith's Mill Road North.
Officers determined the man had a BB gun, according to police clerk Lauren Johnson.
Police arrested the 23-year-old Columbus man for aggravated menacing after gathering enough probable cause, according to the police report.
No injuries were reported, Johnson said.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* Theft was reported at 9:44 p.m. Aug. 4 from a motorcycle parked on the 3600 block of Eyre Hall Pass. Cash in the amount of $100, two credit cards, a driver's license, a permit to carry a concealed handgun, a boating license and a wallet were reported stolen, Johnson said. A total of $2,200 was reported stolen via the credit cards, she said.
* Theft from a vehicle was reported at 8:54 p.m. Aug. 3 on the 4200 block of Harlem Road. A Social Security card, a permit to carry a concealed handgun, a wallet and debit cards were reported stolen, Johnson said.
* A burglary was reported at 10:16 a.m. Aug. 3 in the first block of Keswick Drive. A garage-door opener valued at $10 was stolen and recovered, Johnson said.
* A vehicle was reported stolen at 9:35 a.m. Aug. 3 from the 6000 block of Wilton House Court. A key reportedly was in the unlocked vehicle. The vehicle has been recovered, Johnson said Aug. 12. No other information was available.
* A 23-year-old Columbus man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 12:53 a.m. Aug. 3 at state Route 161 and Hamilton Road.
* Identity theft was reported at 12:50 p.m. Aug. 2 on the 7500 block of Lambton Park Road.
* A 48-year-old Newark man was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 7:44 p.m. Aug. 1 at West Main Street and Village Hall Road.
* A 17-year-old Westerville woman was cited for illegal distribution of or permitting children to use tobacco, illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia and marijuana possession after a traffic stop at 7:34 p.m. July 31 at New Albany and West Campus roads.
* Theft was reported at 1:33 p.m. July 31 on the 5700 block of Zarley Street. A total of 92 pamphlets valued at $92 were stolen, Johnson said.
* The theft of stainless steel from a business' loading dock was reported at 9:12 a.m. July 29 on the 9200 block of Smith's Mill Road North. The steel was valued at $1,200, Johnson said.