Several recent reports of vandalism police believe to be related resulted in charges for three men, according to Dublin Police Department incident reports.
Seven reports of criminal damaging to mailboxes were made in the early hours of July 28 in the 4400 block of Hanna Hills Drive beginning at 12:09 a.m.
According to police reports, one of the homeowners said he saw three young men running down Wyandotte Woods Boulevard before getting into a car and leaving.
On a tip, police visited the home of an 18-year-old Columbus man who admitted to damaging a mailbox.
Officers used cellphone and spoke with the others allegedly involved before charging the first 18-year-old Columbus man, a 19-year-old Columbus man and an 18-year-old Powell man with criminal damaging.
They each were issued a summons to appear in Franklin County Municipal Court.
In other recent Dublin police incident reports:
* Identity theft was reported July 31 on the 5400 block of Armistead Lane.
* A musical instrument valued at $800 was reported stolen at 1:45 p.m. July 30 from John Sells Middle School, 150 W. Bridge St.
* Criminal damaging was reported July 29 on the 7000 block of Timberview Drive.
* Identity theft was reported July 29 on the 5800 block of Tarton Circle North.
* A 41-year-old man was charged with improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle July 28 on the 7100 block of Muirfield Drive.
* A smartphone valued at $1,500 was reported stolen from a business on the 5000 block of Post Road at 3:46 p.m. July 27.
* A 33-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs July 27 on the 200 block of West Bridge Street.
* A burglary was reported at 12:26 p.m. July 26 at a residence on the 6100 block of Northcliff Boulevard. However, nothing was reported stolen.
* Tools valued at $3,800 were reported stolen at 6:45 a.m. July 26 from a vehicle parked on the 4100 block of Tuller Road. At the same location on the same date at 7:25 a.m., $3,750 in tools were reported stolen from another vehicle.
Police believe the two incidents are related, said police spokeswoman Melanie Amato.
* A 32-year-old woman was charged with marijuana drug abuse July 26 at Dublin Road and Hertford Lane.
* A 19-year-old man and a 21-year-old man were charged with theft July 26 at the Dublin Police Department, 6565 Commerce Parkway.
* A 26-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs July 26 on the 6500 block of Dublin Center Drive.
* A 19-year-old woman was charged with offenses involving underage persons July 26 on the 4500 block of Bridge Park Avenue.