Adrian Lafayette, known as "Doc," and Marybelle Currie Wallick are pictured with their children in a 1922 photo taken at the main staircase in the Wallick mansion on Roxbury Road.
The children are (from left): twins Louis and Currie, Adrian Jr., Mary Belle and Nancianna.
The mansion was built around 1910 by influential Marble Cliff resident and businessman Butler Sheldon.
It was purchased in 1917 by Doc Wallick, who with his brother, Lou, was the owner of the Deshler Hotel at Broad and High streets in downtown Columbus, as well as the Secor Hotel in Toledo.
Doc Wallick was educated as a dentist in Chicago and practiced in Louisiana. He made his money as a successful businessman, serving as vice president and general manager of the hotels for his wealthy brother, who lived in New Jersey. His son, Adrian Jr., later was the proprietor of A.L. Wallick Refractories on Johnstown Road on the east side of the city. Wallick called his home "Shalimar."