The Standard Oil Co. Ohio purchased the lot at the southeast corner of Fifth Avenue and Cambridge Boulevard in Marble Cliff in the early 1920s.
The company constructed this innovative station in the Tudor architectural style in 1926 and operated it for nearly 50 years.
The design of the building, with the multiple repair bays and drive-through pumping bay, was a major variation from the smaller stations that existed before the emergence of Standard Oil as a dominant player in the gas and oil retail industry.
In 1975, the station closed and the building was purchased by C-G Realty and renovated as a commercial office and retail space.
In 1985, it was purchased by Barbara Lach, according to the Franklin County auditor.
The main building now is home to the Cambridge Tea House, which opened in 2009.