A man posing as a building inspector stole four phones worth $3,250 total from a store on the 1200 block of Morse Road, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
The suspect was caught on camera removing the property from a shelf. The suspect then took the phones into the bathroom, removed them from the original packaging and concealed them before leaving the store.
In other recent Northland-area incident reports:
* Two laser levels -- one valued at $600 and other at $800 -- were stolen at 2:35 p.m. Aug. 28 from a store on the 1800 block of Morse Road. The store caught the suspect on camera, and digital images were given to police.
* A woman said her $50 cellphone was taken by a robber at 10:06 p.m. Sept. 1 on Walford Street. An address was not provided in the report. The woman said she was walking down the hallway of an apartment complex when a man approached her, grabbed the phone out of her hand and began assaulting her.
* Six pairs of tennis shoes valued at $150 each were stolen at 10:31 p.m. Aug. 30 from a residence on the 5700 block of Roche Drive. The victim said she recognized two of three suspects that walked away from her residence.
* A $740 cellphone, a $230 cellphone, a $625 computer, a $350 watch and a checkbook were stolen between 7:30 p.m. Aug. 27 and 6:50 a.m. Aug. 28 from a vehicle on the 4600 block of Northtowne Boulevard.
* An $18,500 Mazda 6 SED was reported stolen at 7:21 a.m. Aug. 29 after a customer didn't return the vehicle to a rental business in the 6000 block of Busch Boulevard.
* A $200 handgun was stolen between 8 p.m. Aug. 27 and 1 a.m. Aug. 28 from a residence on the 6300 block of Busch Boulevard. The victim said she noticed the handgun was missing following a party at the residence.
* Between 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Aug. 29, someone stole $6,000 worth of shoes and clothing, a $2,700 watch and bracelet, $5,000 worth of sunglasses and a $1,300 designer bag from a residence in the 2000 block of Hampstead Drive North.
* Between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Aug. 30, someone stole a $500 laptop, a $400 TV, a $500 TV, a $30 duffle bag, a $60 TV antenna, a $150 purse, $20 in prescription medication and $7,000 worth of jewelry from a residence on the 1300 block of Barnes Drive East.
* Four men and a juvenile said they were robbed at 1:50 a.m. Sept. 1 after two men brandishing firearms broke into their residence on the 2400 block of Carolina Avenue.
The robbers took a necklace, value unknown, a driver's license, $24 cash and a cigar box with one cigar, value unknown.
* A woman claimed to be the victim of two burglaries on three days in the 4300 block of Malin Street.
The first incident occurred at midnight Aug. 30, when someone broke her window, made entry into her house, threatened to shoot her and left.
The second incident occurred at 3:29 p.m. Sept. 1, when police were called to the residence for a burglary in progress. Two suspects were detained. One was given a criminal-trespass warning and released, and the other was arrested on a charge of crime in progress.