This stately home was the residence of John E. Price, one of the founders of what is now Marble Cliff.
His father was Columbus businessman Timothy J. Price, who built a summer home for himself, and residences for his daughter, Mary Jane, and his son, John, on adjacent lots near Fifth Avenue and Roxbury Road.
In 1889 John Price and his brother-in-law, Charles Griswold, purchased the entire ridge above the Scioto River from Fifth Avenue to the Country Club near First Avenue.
T. J. Price then developed it into what was then called Arlington Place, which later became Marble Cliff.
The view of the home is looking southeast from the railroad tracks at the bottom of the hill on Fifth at what is now the entrance to First Community Village.
Records indicate that the house was destroyed in about 1914 and local lore indicates that it burned.